protein pancakes

bitterdregs

hate to repeat something from a rag mag, but this recipe was good, and for those trying to be gluten free, it was awesome.

0.5C oatmeal (prepare as directed on packaging. I used bob's red mill gluten free)
2 eggs
7 egg whites
2 scoops protein pwdr
1 tbsp peanut butter (I used the defatted peanut flour so I actually cut the fat and calories of the original recipe significantly)
dash of cinnamon

the original recipe calls for beries and bananas, but to me it muddied the flavor. I also made it using leftover, cold oatmeal and had to use the stick blender to get the lumps out.

Tasted great with real maple syrup, but again to kill the sugar I used greek yogurt with some masceraged berries mixed in ( tasted brighter than cooked into the pancakes.

the recipe makes 2 servings, and to me it was very filling.

another tip, cook the pancakes in advance and pull what you need from the fridge and run through toaster in the morning... like a protein eggo!

hmm some chocolate protein powder could make for one great breakfast. Guess what im having tomorrow. :yumyum:

hope you enjoy it. I made a batch and put it in fridge so I can just pour and eat in morning.

To be fair to the original recipe- taken from muscle&fitness magazine, it was 1tbsp peanut butter and only 5 egg whites. But 2tbsp of peanut butter is a lot of fat and calories, which I why i swapped out to the powdeered peanut butter.

the recipe also calls for using coconut oil in the pan. I put it in the pan and then smear with a papertowel. cuts way back on the amount of fat and givens me an oiled towek to use between each pancake to keep things from sticking.

lastly, this morning I put a handful of fresh kale and spinach in the mix and pulsed in my ninja. Easy way to get nutrients without tasting them!

hope you enjoy!

sea food and vegetables contain mountain of protein. therefore eggs, white eggs and also cheese has most protein and I read in historical word that " If human eat cheese in daily then why death is possible"
so protein powder has formulation but fresh vegetables , eggs and sea food are
good for protein.............

Personal trainer Marketing

Last edited:
sea food and vegetables contain mountain of protein. therefore eggs, white eggs and also cheese has most protein and I read in historical word that " If human eat cheese in daily then why death is possible"
so protein powder has formulation but fresh vegetables , eggs and sea food are
good for protein.............

which has nothing to do with this recipe. wtf?

chocolate protein pancakes are my favorite, but i just been using pancake mix and i add my own chocolate protein to it. My syrup is a mix of syrup, peanut butter, and a drop of vanilla extract. makes an awesome breakfast.

Im gunna try and give this homemade recipe a go, im sure its better than the fake packaged stuff

thanks man

Back