Protein Powder with Creatine?

you could try Methex Whey by sportlab... good stuff!! just click on my link at the bottom... sportlab

I actually really like Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey. As for creatine, just buy any Creatine Monohydrate from your health store.

Go to www.dpsutrition.net and search for protien and them creatine and find the cheapest!!

Iron-tech has a 5.5lbs jug for $25 and you can get 1000 grams of creatine for $15

The only product that has the 2 in it is Plasma Expander from VPX, but it only has 14 grams of protien per serving...It is a great prodcut, but you can go cheaper!

The reason you do not see this combination much is because you don't want to take these at the same time. Creatine should be taken 30 minutes prior to workout as its main effects peak sometime within the first 2 hours after its taken. Protein should not be taken before a workout because your body will be digesting and using that protein to fuel your workout instead of using stored glycogen which is the goal. Protein should be taken post-workout along with carbs to sythesise muscle and recover. You don't want to take creatine post-workout because there is no need for cellular energy at this time.

Honestly, just find a protein powder that you like the taste of. There are so few of these Protein/Creatine powders out there, that the chances are you won't be able to find one that tastes good.

cory said:
The reason you do not see this combination much is because you don't want to take these at the same time. Creatine should be taken 30 minutes prior to workout as its main effects peak sometime within the first 2 hours after its taken. Protein should not be taken before a workout because your body will be digesting and using that protein to fuel your workout instead of using stored glycogen which is the goal. Protein should be taken post-workout along with carbs to sythesise muscle and recover. You don't want to take creatine post-workout because there is no need for cellular energy at this time.

correction... you DO want to take creatine post workout, as this is when muscle cells are "soaking" up anything they can get including protein, carbs and yes, CREATINE!

creatine, like fat soluble vitamins is 'stored' rather than only used when present, so the idea of taking 30 minutes prior to workout is still a good idea, but not necessarily the BEST time for maximized absorption...

Easto said:
Honestly, just find a protein powder that you like the taste of. There are so few of these Protein/Creatine powders out there, that the chances are you won't be able to find one that tastes good.

as previously mentioned is this thread, Methex Whey by sportlab contains creatine, and tastes amazing

doggy said:
as previously mentioned is this thread, Methex Whey by sportlab contains creatine, and tastes amazing

Yeah they do soak up everything at that time, but why would you want to take a supplement thats main purpose is to delay the onset of fatigue after your workout. I know some will be stored in the cells, but it has been proven that creatine's peak benefits happen sometime within 2 hours after you ingest it. That is, if you are using a high quality creatine product that is absorbed very well and uses a good carrier like ALA. Some newer creatines that are bound to magnesium can be totally absorbed and not changed into creatinin by the stomach acids, you should not have to load or cycle it. Just take 10 grams 30 minutes prior to lifting and only on the days you lift, not off days.

cory said:
Yeah they do soak up everything at that time, but why would you want to take a supplement thats main purpose is to delay the onset of fatigue after your workout. I know some will be stored in the cells, but it has been proven that creatine's peak benefits happen sometime within 2 hours after you ingest it. That is, if you are using a high quality creatine product that is absorbed very well and uses a good carrier like ALA. Some newer creatines that are bound to magnesium can be totally absorbed and not changed into creatinin by the stomach acids, you should not have to load or cycle it. Just take 10 grams 30 minutes prior to lifting and only on the days you lift, not off days.
Probably cause i didn't know the differance.lol

i never really took supp's before, i used to cook my protein so i did it that way, now that i dont have time i was tryint o find a good protein powder.

I thought if i had creatine in the protein, i wouldn't have to take it seperate (lazy) but i was well informed here on this board!

I'm going to try one of the proteins you guys suggeated

:D

Friscochick said:
Probably cause i didn't know the differance.lol

i never really took supp's before, i used to cook my protein so i did it that way, now that i dont have time i was tryint o find a good protein powder.

I thought if i had creatine in the protein, i wouldn't have to take it seperate (lazy) but i was well informed here on this board!

I'm going to try one of the proteins you guys suggeated

:D

no sweetie!!! I was referring to doggie's post. lol. Sorry!!!

Frisco...I like the Iron-Tech strawberry! Plasma Expandor is strong and sweet!

Either way, you will find the best selection and prices at that site!

Cory and Doggy: you both correct! This is a personal choice paying close attention to effecft prior OR post. I notice better effects taking creating 1 hor prior to starting my workouts. My buddies on the other hand notcice a great effect when taken post-WO. You both bring up correct validated scientific-based perspectives BUT this is one of those "figure out what works best for you" things! ;)

Back