protein-rich snacks

Goat Ass

Forum *****istrator
i have narrowed the problems in my regimen down to diet. stupidly, in the past i did not focus enough on diet but relied mostly on the fact that i was still growing so i could eat cheetos and iceberg lettuce and get bigger. well not so any more. and i should say i dont eat *QUITE* that badly, hahaha.

my work is always on the move and i find it hard to take actual meals with me, i was wondering if you could recommend some high protein snacks i could make. its a shame to have to eat a banana or some chips or a couple cookies or something when ic ould be eating a protein rich food.

oh btw i cant afford those protein bars and things they are like 2$ each...

thx

Make some chicken breasts, hamburger patties, and take them with you in a ziplock bag. They cook up fast on a George Foreman grill and if you eat them plain, you can just use your hands. A quick fix. If you are stuck somwhere without though brother, you could go with some peanuts. Or if you plan on watching your carbs/cals/fat more carefully, go with some Pemican Beef Jerky, or whatever generic version is available. Most convenience stores carry some version of it. The plain jerky will have the lowest carbs. I don't know the exact amounts in one regular-sized bag, (assuming that they have the regular bags, and not just those dinky-ass snack-bag version), but I would think that you would get around 25g's of Protein in a bag. Maybe a tad more though. With the Dinky-ass bags, maybe like 10g's. Try looking on the C-K-D Diet site that I have Threaded a few steps down, in this forum.

Last edited:
Jerky's a good one, Skeds. I should own stock.

I'd take almonds over the peanuts though. Almonds mixed in yogurt is a tasty snack. Ya know, one that you enjoy rather than just ingest.

Hard boiled eggs are good. Comes to mind based on another thread.

I always cook up a bunch of chicken breasts at a time. Don't have the George Foreman Grill, but I marinade them in Italian dressing overnight and then either grill them or rotisserize them. Great for salad toppers although I could sit and just snack on that forever.

In any event, takes a little planning.

Good luck. :)

When you are on the run, why not take protein shakes? I find if I mix them with milk, they will fell me up pretty good.

I noticed some new dry packed tuna in the foil pouches, no water. Comes in flavors too, hickory smoked, lemmon pepper, and more. Its good, easy to take along. All you need is a plastic spoon. I eat three a day and it beats plain tuna.

You may want to lok into some Cottage Cheese it has a decent amount of Casein protein in it.I think somewhere along 15g per serving which isnt too bad.If you dont like the taste of the Cottage Cheese just throw in some protein mix and it will cover up the taste pretty well.

how about almonds? they have a lot of protein, very little salt and carbs, and good fat.

rubberduckyo said:
Jerky's a good one, Skeds. I should own stock.

I'd take almonds over the peanuts though. Almonds mixed in yogurt is a tasty snack. Ya know, one that you enjoy rather than just ingest.

Ahem............

Almonds are good but don't eat a ton of them. Methinks even good fat can eventually make you fat.

I just put protein powder in empty 20 oz. gatorade plastic bottles. Add water, shake, and drink. Easy.

Back