Protein While Bulking

BigTT

I was just wondering if I'm on a bulking cycle can I just drink a whole hell of alot of protein shakes? Obviously I would still be eating but can my diet for protein mainly consist of protein shakes?

I wouldn't recommend it, its always best to consume as much whole food as possible, regardless of goal. I have also noticed that its harder to keep gains coming from mostly liquid diet. I have done this myself simply because I sometimes have trouble eating the calories needed, again I noticed a clear difference in muscle keeping abilities.

I would recommend using you shakes for post-workout and first thing in the AM, as I do think the get absorbed faster then say a steak. Other then that I would only use them when needed to add calories/protein or if you absolutely can't get a meal in.

Just my 2 cents. hope it helps!

You can but as you will hear over and over, whole foods protein sources are always better! Our bodies were designed to process and operate on whole foods. Your gains and progress will be MUCH better this way as well. Its kind of like buying a brand new high peformance designer sports car and then putting cheap 83 octane gas in it... sure, it will get you from point a to b on it but its not going to be the same performance you'd get if you filled it up with high grade 93+ octane fuel.
Also, if your using more then 1 shake to plug the holes, make sure you are using a sust release or slow digesting form of protein.

food for the win ngr.

invest that money in chicken breasts not shakes. like jayc said its a mixed debate, but everyone is going to agree that whole foods are going to be better. use the shakes when you absolutly cant grill up some shit and still need to get the protein in.

You can but as you will hear over and over, whole foods protein sources are always better! Our bodies were designed to process and operate on whole foods. Your gains and progress will be MUCH better this way as well. Its kind of like buying a brand new high peformance designer sports car and then putting cheap 83 octane gas in it... sure, it will get you from point a to b on it but its not going to be the same performance you'd get if you filled it up with high grade 93+ octane fuel.
Also, if your using more then 1 shake to plug the holes, make sure you are using a sust release or slow digesting form of protein.

lol damn right bro well put...i would give you a green ...BUT THE FUKN REP THIS IS NOT WORKING....

Haha! Thanks for the input I always tend to eat more then shakes. I just wanted to hear your opinion on it. Good lookin out!

Shit man if you like shakes so much, just make them from some whole foods. gota be better then the powdered protein and maltodextrin found in most "meal" shakes.

Back