Protein

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not but, what if I mixed two different protein brands together?
I have Muscletech Nitrotech and ON whey. If I took a zip lock bag, and added the two proteins (1:1 scoop ratio) in would I be safe to assume it would blend together evenly?
Either that or should I just keep them both in their own tubs and scoop it out when I use it?

I have done this with protein powders before and not had a problem with them mixing. If they are different flavors the strongest flavor is all you really taste. I would use the zip lock bag although you never can have too many tubs in your gym bag.

I'm not sure if this is the right section or not but, what if I mixed two different protein brands together?
I have Muscletech Nitrotech and ON whey. If I took a zip lock bag, and added the two proteins (1:1 scoop ratio) in would I be safe to assume it would blend together evenly?
Either that or should I just keep them both in their own tubs and scoop it out when I use it?

The only problem with that is are you doing it for just a serving or two or the whole tub? If doing it for the whole tub, you migh not mix it perfectly which would distort the macros a little bit and what serving size would you use? The one for ON or muscletech? Chances are the serving size of each is different so you'd need a weighted average if you wanted to stay exact in regards to macros. Big picture though, a few grams of protein added or lost here and there won't make or break you. Try it out see if you like the flavor lol

The only problem with that is are you doing it for just a serving or two or the whole tub? If doing it for the whole tub, you migh not mix it perfectly which would distort the macros a little bit and what serving size would you use? The one for ON or muscletech? Chances are the serving size of each is different so you'd need a weighted average if you wanted to stay exact in regards to macros. Big picture though, a few grams of protein added or lost here and there won't make or break you. Try it out see if you like the flavor lol

I like the MT flavor more than the ON, taste thicker and more chocolaty. What I've been doing is scooping both and putting it into one of them cheap protein shakers (literally a cup with a snap on lid). Figured if I could evenly mix the two in a bag it;d make life easier. The ON is lacking taste so the MT flavor is all I can taste :D

I like the MT flavor more than the ON, taste thicker and more chocolaty. What I've been doing is scooping both and putting it into one of them cheap protein shakers (literally a cup with a snap on lid). Figured if I could evenly mix the two in a bag it;d make life easier. The ON is lacking taste so the MT flavor is all I can taste :D

I've always thought ON had one of the best tasting powders but haven't tried too many to be honest. Last couple times I've had to buy whey, I just get a 10lb bag. I get more grams of protein per dollar spent so I stick to that. The taste isn't the best but for the price, I'll quit bitching haha

Taste not a big deal to me as I usually gulp mine down in just a few seconds. I like the flavor of ON also. If you are using a program like myfitness pal you can create your own recipe with one scoop of each and it will help keep your macros exact.

Back