PRP Therapy

IMT staff

Official Sponsor
Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP, is blood plasma with concentrated platelets and other growth factors. The concentrated platelets found in PRP contain huge reservoirs of bioactive proteins, including growth factors and signaling proteins that are vital to initiate and accelerate tissue repair and regeneration. These growth factors number at least a dozen different factors. These bioactive proteins initiate connective tissue healing in tissues such as meniscus (knee) and rotator cuff tissue, bone and articular cartilage regeneration and repair, promote development of new blood vessels, and stimulate the wound healing process. The PRP signals the body to send in stem cells to repair the area of injury. PRP injections are sometimes done under fluoroscopic guidance (living x-ray) at The Institute of Regenerative & Molecular Orthopaedics. This is done for precise localized delivery of these healing factors into injured ligaments, muscles, and joints.

Platelet Rich Plasma therapy is a treatment option for various orthopaedic injuries and conditions, which have traditionally required surgery or other extensive treatments. PRP injections are being utilized in orthopaedics with increasing frequency and effectiveness. Injuries currently being treated with the PRP therapy are arthritis of the hip, knee, shoulder, ankle and other joints. PRP also is utilized for soft tissue injuries such as tendonitis, muscle sprains and tears, and various types of ligament injuries. These include common tendon injuries such as tennis and golfers’ elbow, Achilles tendonitis and knee tendonitis. PRP is also used to treat various injuries and conditions affecting (joint) injuries. These include rotator cuff and meniscus injuries.

PRP Therapy - Blog - Testosterone replacement & general men's health articles

Would this help people who have had microfracture surgery (I've had it done twice to the same knee)?

Would this help people who have had microfracture surgery (I've had it done twice to the same knee)?

the 2 times you have done it was it for ligament/tendon/cartiledge damage? how were your results? i have been looking into this as my knees have been fucked for the last 4 yrs.

the 2 times you have done it was it for ligament/tendon/cartiledge damage? how were your results? i have been looking into this as my knees have been fucked for the last 4 yrs.

It was due to cartilage degradation on the bottom of my fibia. Although, my lateral meniscus and the patella have had significant cartilage removed. The first microfracture lasted 12 years, but the surgeon warned me to take it easy. I didn't listen and now, after the last surgery, I can't even squat or run anymore (sucks). I take joint supplements everyday, so I don't really feel any pain.

Back