Pull ups anyone?

TerraNoble

cosmopolitan
they are one of my fav as one of the best and complexe exercise for one's back. I usually do them with a weight attached or if I am at home in my garage with a backpack filled with a 50 lb weight...

gotta love them!

i used too do them evey other work out but now i just stopped them. I wanna do them again, just too get some extra growth.

do you do them wide or close underhand or overhand or a variation of all.

they are great for building thickness and mass imo. along with heavy bent over rows topped off with deads

house1 said:

they are great for building thickness and mass imo. along with heavy bent over rows topped off with deads

I use variation...I do use a wide overhand grip as well as a close overhand grip..When I do want to emphasize my bis I would use an underhand grip.

I do 4 sets...2 wide grip..2 close grip...

Adding weight is the way to go...is one of my best exercise for back..it is my forte!

They are my favorite exercise. If I go all the way to full extension of my arms at the bottom, I can do about 50 without stopping.

I love pull ups.
Try some really slow negatives on your last set and you will definately feel it the next day.

Pull ups are one of the best compound exercise for one's back.I usually alternate the pronated grip with supined grip..I can knock 30 with no weight easily..

house1 said:

Excellent advice bro....that is my exact back routine in a nutshell.

just recently installed a pull-up bar in my living room door way . ive been at it now for around 2 months and i think it is helping my delts and arms to besides my back .
i can only get about 4 with good form since im 250lbs and only 16 1/2 inch guns (i got a beer gut ok guys , lol), but i force out the extra 2 reps making it 2 sets of 6 (+ rows etc. of course) . then i go close grip for a couple more sets and do some negatives trying to build up strenth on these .
its funny watching my buddies party down at the house and we get all manly in our who can do pull-ups mode & even have the accasional arm wrestling matches then , its great lol!:40oz:

damn some of you guys getting 30,40's,50
never did so much in my life
i'll only get 11-12 tops using wide ass grip

i love em, i feel that they help sculpt my back as well as any excercise, close grip i strap on a 45lb plate and do 3x10, wide grip, just 3x10 bodyweight....

Back