pushdown handles

AngryMuscles

i find it more difficult to do pushdowns using ropes more than using straight bars or those ez-curl looking bars. why? thanks

Assylum said:
I like ropes because they give that extra extension at the end. Definitely harder though.

THe easiest would probably be the V bar. Like ass said we use the ropes alomst exclusivly. They add in more muscles and exertion. A stright bar isn't bad if your wrists can handle it. I use them sometimes too.

AN interesting though. If a tricep excersize feels the same orharder with lighter wieght. Are ytou still getting the same or more benifit?

roccodart440 said:
THe easiest would probably be the V bar. Like ass said we use the ropes alomst exclusivly. They add in more muscles and exertion. A stright bar isn't bad if your wrists can handle it. I use them sometimes too.

AN interesting though. If a tricep excersize feels the same orharder with lighter wieght. Are ytou still getting the same or more benifit?
i guess it might make sense if you compare kickbacks and CGBP and then ask which will be lighter and which will give better results?

silver_shadow said:
i guess it might make sense if you compare kickbacks and CGBP and then ask which will be lighter and which will give better results?

YOu need to compare apples with apples though. tHis is apples and oranges.

do you guys do them withr strick form arms locked or do you get more on top of the weight? when i go up to 100 or over i have to get on top of it.

If you have to change your form with heavier weight, then you are using too much weight.

in my opinion, i think with ropes..you're actually pulling down the weight...while when using bars, you're pushing it down......i think <<;

easto so are u suggesting i keep arms in at sides and isolate my tris more. its sorta like i add in alittle mid of close grip bench press.

i like the ropes for the extra pull apart movement you can add at the end of the extention to really work the tris.

Back