Pwo

Okay, if I am working Chest and Triceps and I finish Chest should I consume a protein shake before moving on to Triceps or wait until the entire workout is complete? Also, I've been consuming a Gatorade immediately after my workouts in order to restore glycogen stores, and 15 minutes later i'll have a 52g Protein shake-good or bad?

wait til the workout is complete...i take either 50 gr of dextrose or malto with 50 gr of whey immediately after...than an hour later i have a carb / protein meal...ie chicken and brown rice

2horns said:
wait til the workout is complete...i take either 50 gr of dextrose or malto with 50 gr of whey immediately after...than an hour later i have a carb / protein meal...ie chicken and brown rice

no need for a shake mid-workout, unless your workouts are running over an hour - then you could sip on a small protein/carb drink just to keep blood sugar stable.

assuming youve eaten sometime before your workout, just get some protein and carbs in you afterwards.

Nothing_Specific said:
Okay, if I am working Chest and Triceps and I finish Chest should I consume a protein shake before moving on to Triceps or wait until the entire workout is complete? Also, I've been consuming a Gatorade immediately after my workouts in order to restore glycogen stores, and 15 minutes later i'll have a 52g Protein shake-good or bad?

Putting on size then I would just skip the liquids and eat 10egg whites and 2cups of white rice immediately after workout and then about 2hrs later have another full meal chicken and brown rice or sweet potatoe. I wouldn't use a shake during a workout or honestly any other time if real food can be eaten, but then again I am old school..:D

Back