Qualitative improvements on TRT - experiences

Evolutionary12

Not so much a question but invitation to comment on how TRT has improved your quality of life.

I've found this forum very useful for advice on numbers and techniques for getting TRT right. Now that I have good T levels , I'm wondering how many of you all have had good lifestyle results - or like me, quite modest changes in overall quality of life, until a recent experiment with higher doses.

By this I mean qualitative and somewhat hard to define feelings of better mood, energy, mental acuity and of course improved libido. These are the important metrics for me to be on TRT. Not looking to be 19 again, just feel fairly good.

My story is typical. 57 yr old male, diagnosed with low T (230) about 2 years ago. I had low energy, little interest in things, some brain fog and low sociability. Doc put me on 100 mg Test E and 250 HCG 1/week , which I have done for about 2 years (actually I injected 50mg E3D but due to time constraints I went back to 1/week after 18 months, with no noticeable difference). My T level is about 600 and E2 is in the normal range.

But the change in life quality has been quite subtle, certainly not dramatic. While that may be good enough for the doctor, I still felt quite lethargic, not very sociable but mostly decent mood. Libido was up, but not by much.

About 8 weeks ago, I increased my does to 150 mg/week. Not much changed, got a some water retention as a side effect. (As an aside, the country where I work and live has test freely available and cheap - and I go to a local doc for blood tests. I now manage my therapy , not the other way around).

About 4 weeks ago, I went up to 200 mg/week (and 500 mg HCG). And got some big changes. Feeling on top of the world, smarter at work, lots of energy - "spring in the step" kind of thing. The most unusual change was sociability. I'm pretty introverted but have been far more outgoing and friendly to wife/underlings/colleagues/strangers. Plus, arms and chest got a lot harder and lost some weight. Libido is improved but still not great, though erections are way up. Overall, this is where I want to be on a TRT program.

I'm up for a blood test next week so I'll know how much my T level has increased and if E2, RBC etc is OK. (I'll report that back if there is interest). I have had some cons in this experiment - night sweats were bad but seem to have stopped - some testicle ache (not sure if its related). Seem to pee a lot more.

Anyway, have others had a good change in quality of life at higher levels, and do they last? Are folks aiming to feel great again or just get rid of the worst symptoms of low T?

Interested in your experiences and opinions.

You should aim to feel like a human again. Not just alleviate the worst of the hypogonadal sides.

Your E2 is likely elevated. That is probably the reason for your sweating at night and frequently urinating. You may need to be on an AI with the higher test dosage.

The testicle ache is probably from the higher hCG dose and getting your testicles to try and do a little more work. They likely atrophied. It should go away soon.

Make sure you are donating blood regularly while on TRT to manage hematocrit/RBC levels.

Wait until you try 500mg/wk for a blast someday! Then you will see what it is like to feel truly great again.

Good to know on E2, I will know the level later this week. I have some AI laying around that I can use to manage. Yeah donating blood, I'm going to have to get the phlebotomy.. I've noticed the red face thing as well. But no swelling at least.

500, hmm food for thought. I've certainly got the means - how long would one typically do that for and what would be the tapering off process, if any..

Good to know on E2, I will know the level later this week. I have some AI laying around that I can use to manage. Yeah donating blood, I'm going to have to get the phlebotomy.. I've noticed the red face thing as well. But no swelling at least.

500, hmm food for thought. I've certainly got the means - how long would one typically do that for and what would be the tapering off process, if any..

12-14 weeks. No taper. You'll need mid cycle blood work to make sure your e2 is within range.

The AI I have is aromasin. I'm unfamiliar on how to use this - weekly for 25mg? I realize my blood test is not in, so general guidelines sought..

Thanks for lifestyle support.. There doesntseem to be much around on this topic.

Back