Questions About Testosterone cypionate and Enanthate..

JJ5012

John100
I will be going to the Doc in 2 days about getting a script for testosterone (Diagnosed with Hypogonadism(Secondary).
I've done my reading on enanthate and cypionate and undecided on what type to use.

1. I know cypionate has a half life of 8 days
2. Enanthate half life is inbetween 5 - 6 days

My purpose is to get my testosterone level in the 800 range.... and to get my love life back in order... lost a really great woman because of it.

If i choose to take test cyp (200 bottle)... i figure there is no need for me to take over 150mg of test cyp a week to start off ...for what i'm trying to do.

My questions are:

1. If enanthate has a half life of 5 to 6 days would 180mg to 190mg a week of enanthate 1 shot a week get me into the 800 range of TT

2. If and when i do get the script for testosterone..... what can i do to combat prolactin... I am not interested in cabergoline or script meds for lowering prolactin.... Zinc ginko biloba and ginseng is all i've read or have seen naturally to lower prolactin....
Is there anything else i missed?? And have any of you guys had success naturally to combat prolactin.

3. Blood pressure..... any issues while on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) (Cyp or Enathate) and what have you done to lower it while on TRT.

Later on,
John

your doc will probable not give you choices like that, you'll get Cyp and at 150 mg per week you will defiantly see that 800 number on your blood test depending on if you do a 72 hour post injection looking at peak or a morning of next injection blood test.
No worries about prolactin, test wont mess with that that im aware of, just nadrolone based drugs or narcotics if your heavy into that too

Doc will probable front load you two or three weeks worth in the office and send you home with a Rx, dont freak out if you get anxiety or sweats for 2 days your test levels have never seen 2000 before and you're going to be tweaked, it calms down and the once a week shots are great for most, some like 2 times a week

get blood work done at 4 weeks and again at 12 weeks to monitor hemoglobin and hematocrit

Ive been on both and cant tell a difference. Really if your taking it every 5-7 days half life really shouldnt matter. But you probably wont have a say in the matter. And prolactin can get out of whack on Tesosterone, but is not common. Secondly 800 is a good goal, but more doctors than not will probably only treat you to the 4-600 level, just beware of that. More and likely they still stick you on 100mg every 7 days and some idiots like to start you out on 100 every two weeks which you pay for that. I personally like ethanate better because it comes in 1000mg, the problem with the 200 cyp is for me it seems the second shot I can never get another 100 out of it, more like 80 and its bubbly.

Yes testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can raise blood pressure and can raise cholesterol. How to control, without meds just like anything else exericse, low sodium Omega 3 fish oil etc.

The things you mentioned can and might happen but I dont think they are as serious as you think it might be. But depends on your age and life goals testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can make having kids very hard for some. So be sure you have thought about that. Its not a for sure or a death sentance dont let me tell you that, and there are things to help mitigate it like HCG. Some will kind of hem and haw around it but it can happen. I am one of those so I know.

Last edited:
lastly if you have not checked it yet make sure you check your thyroid and check every few months as testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can affect that. Also check your PSA, LH, FSH, cholesterol, Vitamin B & D.

They are different by 1 carbon atom, I personally can not tell the difference between the 2. Cypionate is more widely prescribed on the western side of the world.

Thanks for replies fellas..... When my script comes in this is my yearly testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) goal (an example if i were to start out in January)

Jan Feb March <------- Test
April <------------------ HCG (400 IU's 3X a week)
May June July <-------- Test
August <---------------- HCG (400 IU's 3X a week)
Sept Oct Nov <---------- Test
December < --------------- HCG

And repeat the process again.... And yeah inbetween 100 - 150mg 1 shot a week does sound better than loading up to start.

Back