questions!!! please help

On your diet it didn't list you as switching any foods -

As for the carbs, typically women can not go on low carbs for long (compared to guys) without having metabolism problems. You see a lot of fitness and figure girls with screwed up thyroids.

That is why i asked how you rotate (IE: up or down). 3 days Low with 1 day high....ect, ect, ect

How have you changed it since you've been dieting - It can't stay the same.

Thats why i tell people to make as little change as possible to get the results needed. IE: Starting cardio (low - 3-4x / week and 20 min) and increasing till you get to 6 days / week and 1 to 1 1/2 hrs / day.

Your macronutrients can't stay the same either. Thus going a couple days low and a day higher....3 days Low 1 day high, then once things slow - 4 days low and 1 day higher.

After you get to the point where your about 5 days low and 1 day higher and doing 1 hour of cardio you can then add in a Thermogenic product.

Once you get the fat loss started you make tiny tiny changes to keep it going.

Your body is eventually going to udjust to doing 45 min of cardio and eating low carbs ED. Then where will you go next. Kind of see what i'm getting at.

As far as the iodine (about 1" x 1" square)- Its not exact science but it will give you an idea. If its gone in under say about 14 hours, you probably have some problems. I've seen it disappear in 2 - 3 hours on people with low thyroid numbers.

In that case you need to buy some KELP and add it to your diet. Reason being, kelp will increase the amount of iodine in your body. Iodine helps regulate your Thyroid Production.

Hope that helps.

Are you taking a protein shake in the morning before cardio??? If so stop and do not take anything before hand. EMPTY STOMACH ONLY.

Even proteins will spike your insulin, thus making fat burning harder.

DirkMoneyshot said:
Are you taking a protein shake in the morning before cardio??? If so stop and do not take anything before hand. EMPTY STOMACH ONLY.

Even proteins will spike your insulin, thus making fat burning harder.
YES I AM!! I WENT TWO YEARS NEVER EATING BEFORE CARDIO AND AS OF TWO WEEKS AGO!! I STARTED AND IVE LOST 3 POUNDS! THE REASON I DO IS BECAUSE IM ALREADY ON A REDUCED CALORIE INTAKE!! AND WHEN I WAKE UP AT 6 AM AND GET TO THE GYM 630AM AND DO MY CARDIO AND GET BACK HOME AND EAT ITS 800AM. THAT MEANS FOR TWO HOURS IVE BEEN AWAKE WITH NO FOOD AND MY METBOLOSIM HASNT EVEN STARTED!! I AGREE NO FOOD BEFORE BREAKFAST MAY GOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE. PEOPLE MEANING GUYS WHO CAN EAT 3X THE AMOOUNT I CAN OR VERY OVER WEIGHT INDIDVIDUALS!! BUT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSS WEIGHT AND BUILD MUSCLE YOU NEED THE PROTEIN SO THAT WHILE YOU ARE DOING YOUR HIGH INTENSITY CARDIO YOU ARE NOT EATING YOUR MUSCLE. WHICH WAS HAPPENING TO ME!! SO IT WORKS FOR ME!! THERE IS NOT ONE DIET FOR EVERYONE!! BUT THANKS

DirkMoneyshot said:
On your diet it didn't list you as switching any foods -

As for the carbs, typically women can not go on low carbs for long (compared to guys) without having metabolism problems. You see a lot of fitness and figure girls with screwed up thyroids.

That is why i asked how you rotate (IE: up or down). 3 days Low with 1 day high....ect, ect, ect

How have you changed it since you've been dieting - It can't stay the same.

Thats why i tell people to make as little change as possible to get the results needed. IE: Starting cardio (low - 3-4x / week and 20 min) and increasing till you get to 6 days / week and 1 to 1 1/2 hrs / day.

Your macronutrients can't stay the same either. Thus going a couple days low and a day higher....3 days Low 1 day high, then once things slow - 4 days low and 1 day higher.

After you get to the point where your about 5 days low and 1 day higher and doing 1 hour of cardio you can then add in a Thermogenic product.

Once you get the fat loss started you make tiny tiny changes to keep it going.

Your body is eventually going to udjust to doing 45 min of cardio and eating low carbs ED. Then where will you go next. Kind of see what i'm getting at.

As far as the iodine (about 1" x 1" square)- Its not exact science but it will give you an idea. If its gone in under say about 14 hours, you probably have some problems. I've seen it disappear in 2 - 3 hours on people with low thyroid numbers.

In that case you need to buy some KELP and add it to your diet. Reason being, kelp will increase the amount of iodine in your body. Iodine helps regulate your Thyroid Production.

Hope that helps.
GREAT ADVICE! THANKS BUT I TRIED THAT BEFORE AND IT DIDNT WORK!! I DO CHANGE MY DIET EVERY 8 WEEKS SLIGHTLY! I JUST STARTED THIS DIET THAT I POSTED ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING GOOD!! BUT THANKS I WILL TRY THE THYROID THING THOUGH! WHAT ABOUT SHOWERING? JUST NOT WASH IT???

t.t said:
YES I AM!! I WENT TWO YEARS NEVER EATING BEFORE CARDIO AND AS OF TWO WEEKS AGO!! I STARTED AND IVE LOST 3 POUNDS! THE REASON I DO IS BECAUSE IM ALREADY ON A REDUCED CALORIE INTAKE!! AND WHEN I WAKE UP AT 6 AM AND GET TO THE GYM 630AM AND DO MY CARDIO AND GET BACK HOME AND EAT ITS 800AM. THAT MEANS FOR TWO HOURS IVE BEEN AWAKE WITH NO FOOD AND MY METBOLOSIM HASNT EVEN STARTED!! I AGREE NO FOOD BEFORE BREAKFAST MAY GOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE. PEOPLE MEANING GUYS WHO CAN EAT 3X THE AMOOUNT I CAN OR VERY OVER WEIGHT INDIDVIDUALS!! BUT WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO LOSS WEIGHT AND BUILD MUSCLE YOU NEED THE PROTEIN SO THAT WHILE YOU ARE DOING YOUR HIGH INTENSITY CARDIO YOU ARE NOT EATING YOUR MUSCLE. WHICH WAS HAPPENING TO ME!! SO IT WORKS FOR ME!! THERE IS NOT ONE DIET FOR EVERYONE!! BUT THANKS

Honey your not going to burn off muscle by going 2 hours without food!!

If that was the case the human race would have never made it out of prehistoric times.

t.t said:
GREAT ADVICE! THANKS BUT I TRIED THAT BEFORE AND IT DIDNT WORK!! I DO CHANGE MY DIET EVERY 8 WEEKS SLIGHTLY! I JUST STARTED THIS DIET THAT I POSTED ABOUT 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING GOOD!! BUT THANKS I WILL TRY THE THYROID THING THOUGH! WHAT ABOUT SHOWERING? JUST NOT WASH IT???

I can't even imagine how making small adjustments didn't wory :rolleyes:

DirkMoneyshot said:
Honey your not going to burn off muscle by going 2 hours without food!!

If that was the case the human race would have never made it out of prehistoric times.
okay well im not going to debate you!! i watched my body stay soft and as soon as i startd drinking protein before my cardio its help TREMENDOUSLY and do your research honey about cardio and protein!! alot of articels say too and to add to that everyone has there own opionions and some things just dont work for everyone! and when you are a female who eats very low amts of food and tring to get lean and build muscle you can start to eat your muscles without proper nutrtion!!!

I personally thought her diet was right on. Just posting a typical day doesnt mean that the protein source doesnt vary. I guess she could do carb cycling but I was very lean on a diet similar to hers and didnt gain until I went on a bulk and added a lot of starches and I have no thyroid issues.

chelsea said:
I personally thought her diet was right on. Just posting a typical day doesnt mean that the protein source doesnt vary. I guess she could do carb cycling but I was very lean on a diet similar to hers and didnt gain until I went on a bulk and added a lot of starches and I have no thyroid issues.
thanks chelsea, i dont soubt my diet, i think it is clean and good and balanced!!

Honey - i've seen all the data on cardio and protein. You know what the best data is?? All the people i've helped over the years.

It comical that making adjustments doesn't work- considering thats what nutritionist do. You go on with yourself as i gave you plenty of options. Hell i offered to set you up with someone. Granted they probably would have told you about the same, but oh well. Not my loss - Its your for being stubborn.

You had your mind made up that you need Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or thyroid meds and thats fine. Hell maybe you relish in the attention you get by posting a picture. I don't know

Best of Luck
Dirk

DirkMoneyshot said:
Honey - i've seen all the data on cardio and protein. You know what the best data is?? All the people i've helped over the years.

It comical that making adjustments doesn't work- considering thats what nutritionist do. You go on with yourself as i gave you plenty of options. Hell i offered to set you up with someone. Granted they probably would have told you about the same, but oh well. Not my loss - Its your for being stubborn.

You had your mind made up that you need Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or thyroid meds and thats fine. Hell maybe you relish in the attention you get by posting a picture. I don't know

Best of Luck
Dirk
no sweetie! you are very intelligent, you missed understood!! im not taking ANYTHING!!!!! i said i will keep working hard!! i would like your help! and to set me up with someone!!im very grateful for your help and time. i was just telling you what has been working for me based on my results!!! okay??? and i a nutrionist wrote my diet, im sorry its hard because everyone has there opionions on things, you know that! also one more thing i never said making adjustments didnt work! i said the low carb 3 day rotaion thing you mention didnt get me good results

Last edited:
I can't help but chime in on this one.
t.t IMO you are not eating enough, your macros and calories are waaayyy to low and you have probably slowed your metabolism. Drugs are definately not the way for you to go at this point, revving up your metabolism is.What is your calories per day , maybe 1400? I'm not slamming you but it looks like you are not eating solid food from 8-12? Drop the shakes and replace with some protein and carbs. Your carbs and fats are too low too.So many women make the same mistake of
1. eating too little
2. using shakes/meal replacements
3. doing too much cardio and not enough weights.
You came here for help becuase obviously you feel like you need it so take some good advise.
Dirkmoneyshot has made some valid comments. Changes don't work over night, you have to be patient. Weeks, months it takes to see even very small changes.
good luck
just my .02

MzFit said:
I can't help but chime in on this one.
t.t IMO you are not eating enough, your macros and calories are waaayyy to low and you have probably slowed your metabolism. Drugs are definately not the way for you to go at this point, revving up your metabolism is.What is your calories per day , maybe 1400? I'm not slamming you but it looks like you are not eating solid food from 8-12? Drop the shakes and replace with some protein and carbs. Your carbs and fats are too low too.So many women make the same mistake of
1. eating too little
2. using shakes/meal replacements
3. doing too much cardio and not enough weights.
You came here for help becuase obviously you feel like you need it so take some good advise.
Dirkmoneyshot has made some valid comments. Changes don't work over night, you have to be patient. Weeks, months it takes to see even very small changes.
good luck
just my .02
thank you sweetie for your advice. im working on changing things.. i have egg whites and oatmeal at 800.

Back