Quick egg question

latitude

I was reading in a previous post about eating something like 7 egg whites and one egg with yolk for breakfast, my question is is it really that bad to just eat 8 eggs without getting rid of the yolk.

I was reading in a previous post about eating something like 7 egg whites and one egg with yolk for breakfast, my question is is it really that bad to just eat 8 eggs without getting rid of the yolk.

the yolk holds the majority of the fat, while the egg white albumin is almost pure protein, so by eating 2-3 egg whites per egg yolk, you are keeping the flavor while decreasing total calories and fat

The post was in "a skinny guy trying to gain weight, If he is 5'10 and 130 lbs wouldnt all the yolk be beneficial since the calories are needed.

The post was in "a skinny guy trying to gain weight, If he is 5'10 and 130 lbs wouldnt all the yolk be beneficial since the calories are needed.

depends on if the fat fit into his diet plan or not, the easiest way to diet or figure out if you need something is to incorporate it into your diet and see how it affects your macros and adjust from there

whole diet and goals will determine what's "bad"

egg yolks contain extra calories, vitamins, protein, cholesterol and fats

if you eat the yolks then you would wouldn't need the extra egg whites to equal the same amount of protein

if bulking and you're struggling for calories, the yolks could be beneficial

if you have a cholesterol problem, or you're cutting and the extra calories don't fit, then you may want to skip using some of the yolks

The other part that people miss is that although eggs have a BV = 100 when you take out the yolks and just eat the whites the Protein matrix is no longer complete.

There are certain amino acids that are only found in the yolk.

There have been studies showing that the cholesteral in eggs does not contribute to blood cholesteral.

The fat however is something you would have to fit into your daily macros.

Just like olive oil fat is fat good or bad. I personally go with whole eggs 99% of the time but when the end of a cut is near and its money time I will eat 5 whites with a yolk.

The other part that people miss is that although eggs have a BV = 100 when you take out the yolks and just eat the whites the Protein matrix is no longer complete.

There are certain amino acids that are only found in the yolk.

There have been studies showing that the cholesteral in eggs does not contribute to blood cholesteral.

The fat however is something you would have to fit into your daily macros.

That pretty much says it.

Back