Raiders again beaten by bad officiating

Trevdog

The Raiders got shafted on that so called touchdown tonight. If the Raider defender hadn't touched the Titan receiver, he still would have landed with BOTH feet well out of bounds. It wasn't even close. You could see that his right foot was about a yard over the line when he caught the ball and his momentum was carrying him further out of bounds - this all before he got hit by the defender.

Terrible call. Too bad we couldn't challege it. We're really good at losing on questionable calls. Ask the Patriots, they'll have to agree.

I saw the first half, the officiating was suspect to say the least. The refs seemed real whistle happy. I saw the play you are talking about and it did seem that he would not have even been able to land his two feet but some responsibilty should fall on the Db to know where he is and not shove him totally out as to possibly have the call go against him.

That's true but as a db I don't know if I'd have the presence of mind to not try to defense the catch in the hope that the guy is going to land out of bounds.

I don't remember who did the shoving, I suspect it was Terrence Shaw. He doesn't really belong in that defense.

I thought that strip Rod Woodson got was legitimate also, but that was a closer call. I didn't think the end zone catch was even close, but I have to concede that the refs had a better angle and view than I did.

And for the love of God, would the Raiders please get a tight end that can either block well or catch the ball. Andrew Glover, Roland Williams, Doug Jolley, they have all been mediocre at best.

Trevdog said:
That's true but as a db I don't know if I'd have the presence of mind to not try to defense the catch in the hope that the guy is going to land out of bounds.

I don't remember who did the shoving, I suspect it was Terrence Shaw. He doesn't really belong in that defense.

I thought that strip Rod Woodson got was legitimate also, but that was a closer call. I didn't think the end zone catch was even close, but I have to concede that the refs had a better angle and view than I did.

And for the love of God, would the Raiders please get a tight end that can either block well or catch the ball. Andrew Glover, Roland Williams, Doug Jolley, they have all been mediocre at best.

Oh man, I agree on that Woodson strip. I couldnt believe the ref blew the whistle. The guy who caught it was a TE and he hadnt even stopped going forward yet. Woodson comes in, strips the ball and it appeared that the ref blew the whistle right after he took the ball away. Definitely shoddy officiating.

sorry guys i say horseshit.... i agree the officiating was horrible but there were terrible calls on both sides...such as robaire smith getting kicked out of the game... the ref shoves him in the back, robaire thought it was lincoln kennedy and threw his arm back to knock the guys hand off of him... when he turned around he saw it was a ref and apologized and he still got kicked out...instead of 4th and 20, you got a 1st and 10 and 2 plays later scored a touchdown....second call the mcnair fumble was not a fumble... it was a tuck rule... since the game the official has even admitted it was a wrong call... that was another 3 points you wouldn't have scored... thirdly, i do believe his forward progress had stopped, he was knocked almost 5 yards back before the ball came out..if anything the ref was late on the whistle, but he was still down...plus i saw all kinds of holding and late hits on both sides of the ball both teams...neither team played up to their potential, but the titans wanted that game more than the raiders...

They didn't want it more, but I agree with you on the guy that got thrown out. We benefitted from that and really didn't deserve it.

I don't know about that tuck rule crap. Its a stupid rule anyway, and clearly he wasn't trying to throw the ball. If it wasn't a fumble under the rules, it should have been. Same thing when the Patriots got to the Super Bowl because of a similar play.

Anyway, the bottom line is that bad officiating happens. Its part of the game and sometimes its going to bite you in the ass. The Raiders should have played better and won despite the bad calls. Their damn offensive lineman need to learn to deal with noisy stadiums and watch the ball when they can't hear the snap count.

Like I said, I only saw the first half, more like pieces of the first half. I was just going on what I saw. I did see the guy get kicked out but I did not get to see what exactly happened so I just assumed he did something bad enough to get kicked out.

I am one of the biggest Raider fans ever...it's borderline sick. Had the officiating been decent, the Raiders probably would have won...on the other hand...they can't let officiating beat them. There were numerous terrible calls on both sides...more on the Raider's side. But a five point loss to the Titans...away...with terrible officiating...Not too shabby with as many rookies as they had playing. I'll tell ya...it made me sick to watch them lose...they played sloppy...but there was a lot of promising plays from some of those rookies. Like Fargas (if he learns how to block!). I can't believe that guy got taken 3rd round!

And by the way...the Woodson strip...should've been a clear strip. The Charles Woodson Pass interference at the end of the game was clear bullshit. And so was that piece of shit touchdown that was out of bounds. And so was throwing a player out of the game for something so stupid...The refs know whats going on out there, Robaire probably thought the ref was another player and reacted based on that. The Ref should know that it's a fucking intense game and it's not like he spit in the ref's face...analy raped his grandmother while pouring sugar in his gas tank. It was a misunderstanding.

Exactly, its one thing if you barge into a ref head on, that can't be tolerated. But if you don't see the guy, come on.

I'm pretty sure we can handle the Bengals at home. I'm pissed I have to be in class for the Denver game the next Monday night.

Back