Rev Conversion....Sticky chunks o' tren???

fr8tren

YO!

I am wrapping up my first attempt at a rev conversion. It's been years since I had done syno, so I was a bit rusty. I managed to yield just under 7g of my 8g of tren, but I came across something new to me:

I had to go out of town for a week while my product was drying. when I came home I broke up the chunks and continued to let sit to make sure it's dry. I now have powder and some small chunks , but some of them when I try to smash them into powder appear to be gummy and just flatten. Could it be residual binders???

Should I continue w/ BA/BB and hope this "gum" filters out? Anybody have any experience w/ this ? Thanks

next time I am just going to buy tren from AML lol

Are you brewing from Fina pellets? The chunks you're talking about are orange to dark orange in color, right? If so, then that's definitely the bloody binders :D.

Have you tried the crystallization method? Converting finaplix into Crystal Tren

It's one of the better methods for brewing Fina pellets and getting rid of the binders.

If you're going to use that brewing method, where it says to use "Heet" (Methyl alcohol), you can use isopropyl alcohol instead.
At the part where you try to crystalize the Tren liquid, you can cool the water (put in the freezer or use ice cubes) to speed up the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, I am using Revalor 200. I used heet then the crystallization method. I think it must still be binders.. I am going to try to attach a pic of the disgusting mess it turned into. I am currently running it through a coffee filter and it looks good. I just wonder how much, if any, tren I am losing...

I don't know why that posted twice...

And like I said above, I dripped cold water into the solution, and used about 2.5 gallons of water to rinse. I have done syno in the past and don't remember anything like this.

The brown crust is indicative of binders that were associated w/ finaplix pellets, but I thought the Heet took care of that? I put the dried powder/chunks in BA/BB..

The plan is to give it a shot if , after final filtering, it looks good. I have no reason to believe that it is contaminated in any way.

Last edited:
No, I am using Revalor 200. I used heet then the crystallization method. I think it must still be binders.. I am going to try to attach a pic of the disgusting mess it turned into. I am currently running it through a coffee filter and it looks good. I just wonder how much, if any, tren I am losing...

Yes, the brown junk floating at the top of the oil is definitely the binders. It's different from the binders I have seen with Finaplix, though. Fina binders, from my experience, did not float but it sunk to the bottom. Probably different binding materials were used, but the idea is probably the same.

Anyway, have you been able to remove most of the binders out? If not, then you could also try what I did to remove the Fina binders.

From what I have read, the binders (for Fina) contains methyl cellulose (MC). According to Wiki, MC dissolves at colder temperature (below 40-50c / 104-122 F) but solidifies at warmer temp. (above the 40-50c range).

I did this more than a year ago, but if I remember correctly, I put my Fina-binder-alcohol solution in a beaker and heated it using boiling water. After that, the binder separated from the fina-alcohol, and it formed an orange layer at the bottom of the beaker, while the fina-alcohol formed at the top, like a lava lamp.

(Note: Don't stir the solution, as that would break up the binder into small chunks and make it harder to remove when it solidifies.)

If my memory is correct, I added water (room temp) to the solution, and the binder layer at the bottom formed a solid.

You can read more about Methyl Cellulose's solubility at different temperatures here:
Methyl cellulose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers.

That is so strange... I would think the Heet would have broken up the binders and filtered out at the beginning of this process. I think heating up the solution does have something to do with this..

That is so strange... I would think the Heet would have broken up the binders and filtered out at the beginning of this process.

From the beginning, were you able to filter the binders that looked like white, insoluble powder?

I believe there are at least 2 different binders: One insoluble and one soluble in alcohol.

When I filtered my Fina, in the beginning, my filter caught these white, insoluble binders. The problem is, there was another binders that was soluble and passes through the filter. It was orange and had a different property. It was sticky like some sort of glue, and it dissolves along with the alcohol.

Therefore, I'm inclined to believe that Heet also dissolved this binders in your Revalor pellets, and this binders also passes through your filters along with the oil. When the oil got heated, these binders became insoluble and showed up as brown solids :D.

I think heating up the solution does have something to do with this..

Yep, I think so too. If you do a quick Google search for "Methyl Cellulose temperature solubility," you'll find that it is insoluble at warmer temperatures.

Back