rumor: Pride vs UFC in August

muddy

I read on a website, perhaps tito's, that in August there may be a middleweight contest between Pride and UFC. Hopefully, that means Pride's middleweights, which are UFC's 205'ers. That is all the details I can remember. But just imagine if its the top three from each. Team UFC: Vitor, Randy, and Tito against Team Pride: Wand, Rampage, Yoshi.

PRIDE vs. UFC in August!

At the PRIDE GRAND PRIX 2004 FINALS to be held in August, PRIDE and UFC will finally square off in either a 3 vs. 3 or 5 vs. 5 survival series. Since the Heavyweights will be finishing the Grand Prix off that night, the battle between PRIDE and UFC is expected to between the Middleweights. In September when PRIDE finally invades the USA, there's expected to be a confrontation between PRIDE and UFC fighters as PRIDE will try to take over the United States market from UFC.

Scandle has always followed cross promotions where reputations were at stake. If UFC would sweep, then Pride becomes the minor leagues of 205'ers and visa versa. Pride has a history or rumored fixes and wwf type endings. I hope this would be legit.

hey bigadaddy, i remember in one of your post that you had a chance to talk with mark coleman and he said that pride is never gonna go to the states, well something like that:confused:

muddy said:
Scandle has always followed cross promotions where reputations were at stake. If UFC would sweep, then Pride becomes the minor leagues of 205'ers and visa versa. Pride has a history or rumored fixes and wwf type endings. I hope this would be legit.

thats what im thinking

Yeah according to mark coleman and others they do not feel that Pride will ever come to the US. They feel that Pride will lost too much money coming over here. Which is understandable when UFC has like 15000 fans in the seats and Pride is looking at 4 times that amount each time they hold an event. I hope he is wrong but I also heard that Bas Rutten has said the same thing too.

bigdaddy22 said:
Yeah according to mark coleman and others they do not feel that Pride will ever come to the US. They feel that Pride will lost too much money coming over here. Which is understandable when UFC has like 15000 fans in the seats and Pride is looking at 4 times that amount each time they hold an event. I hope he is wrong but I also heard that Bas Rutten has said the same thing too.

As far as fan in seats, no question the US market is smaller. But, the US fan base is growing and Pride wants a piece of the pie. Another dangling carrot is that MMA is now a legit sport to wager on in Vegas.

I actually believe that you have been able to wager on UFC fights for a while now. Regardless of how much growth mma gets in the states it will never compare to what it is in Japan, they get more fans for mma then we do for nfl games.

There is a mag here announcing vitor vs. wanderley silva fight.
Silva said he will deform vitor`s playboy face..hehe

negaun said:
There is a mag here announcing vitor vs. wanderley silva fight.
Silva said he will deform vitor`s playboy face..hehe

Deform Vitor's favce huh. Gee wandy, what happened to you the first time you fought vitor?

bob marley said:
Deform Vitor's favce huh. Gee wandy, what happened to you the first time you fought vitor?

it was 5 years ago. silva is much better now.
but i've read sherdog forum and they don't think this match will happen. we'll have to wait.

Cro cop would own them all anyways. I don't think silva wants anymore of of cro cop. He's probably got a permanent scar on his stomach rom cro cop's kicks.

bob marley said:
Cro cop would own them all anyways. I don't think silva wants anymore of of cro cop. He's probably got a permanent scar on his stomach rom cro cop's kicks.

Well after his loss last week to Randleman, Crocops got something to prove. He needs to prove he's worthy to fight Silva now....hehehe......ohhh, i just know i'm going to get it from someone for that comment....hehehe.:D

Back