sardines???

hunter21

hey i know everyone eats a lot of fish, so how about sardines or fish steaks?? and does anyone know how much protein is in a can...?most pussies cant eat them..lol...like you 17inchguns..haha

Sardines are fu!#$ng gross! LOL. O.K. how many of you guys actually eat sardines out the can? Too many better tasting stuff to get protein out of than that nasty crap!

If you take bodybuilding seriously you'd realize that the purpose of eating is to supply your body with muscle building nutrients, not to satisfy your taste buds. Eat to fuel your body.

You must be a vegatarian, or you really dont know whats good for ya ,as long as ya dont over do it and hit the gym i see know problem. W/ some of these foods listed that is if thats what your getting at. P.S. Theres only one ALPHA and its ALPHA 1.

You're a fuckin' idiot!
That's exactly WTF I'm talking about. Protein is protein. Mix it up: seafood, beef, chicken, etc. BTW vegitarians are morons.

alphamale=top of the food chain

You sure your not a Bitch as in a female dog or mutt ,cause you sure sound like one not only that but i would bet you walk around w/ your tail between your legs. Oh those are some tough words coming from a little boy cant you do better than that Moron= alphamale, P.S. you have just been ate.

I agree that they are good for you. But to be serioius about bodybuilding doesnt mean that you have to eat sardines or anything that doesnt taste good to you. Nowadays there are so many different supplement companies out there with so many varieties of protein drinks that actually try to make them taste edible. Plus alot of varieties of whole food to get your protein from.

Back on topic. Sardines are a good source of Omega 3's. Not the best but decent.

I happen to like them. Nice for a treat from time to time but I wouldn't rely on them as a staple of my diet.

I like them with hot sauce. :)

Sardienes have too much salt for the ones watching their sodium intake....i figured that much for not dehydrating myself, so i dont eat them all that much....im more of a Kipper snack person!

Sardines out of the can are OK for a quick lunch. i make a salad out of lettuce, tomatoes, capsicum, onion etc, drain the sardines (get the ones with chilli). Yu can prepare at home, then just before eating I add some Tzatziki (sp?) - that greek yoghurt dip.

Fresh sardines (the big suckers) grilled on the BBQ with roast capsicum and corn bread are great as well - but it stinks the place out :)

Goat Ass said:
I enjoy them too. I eat them on saltines perhaps 5 times a year, as a special treat.

Do you like oysters too? You can get smoked oysters in a can. They make a really nice treat. :) Mussels too.

I like them with hot sauce,but I think they are high in sodium, aren't they ?

Considering this thread is nine years old, I wouldn't be holding my breath for a response if I were you... I eat the shit out of sardines. I was eating 2-3 cans a day for a while, but I've never been especially concerned with sodium intake.

Haha, what's with people bumping ancient threads? Either way, I don't think the macronutrients in sardines has changed since this thread was posted and some might be curious. Just read the labels, fellas. Sodium levels will vary depending on what those little fishies are bathing in.

Back