seizure letter...

3393_tiger

hi guys.. i just recieved a seizure letter yesteraday... i dont have any other address to order my gear to.. is it safe for me to order again and get it shipped to the same address and use a different name.. or do they flag your address...

hi guys.. i just recieved a seizure letter yesteraday... i dont have any other address to order my gear to.. is it safe for me to order again and get it shipped to the same address and use a different name.. or do they flag your address...

I wouldn't risk it. You should be laying low for a while now.

well i went to usps today.. and they said i have to use my real name to get a p.o box... ive herd if you have a name that is not common or forgein that might cause the customs to look in to your package..my name is very uncommon...

theres way too many names out there. They cant check every uncommon one. Otherwise wed all just use John Smith.

Same thing happened to me in may...ordered from an Asian company. If possible change suppliers/source, get a UPS store box. I ve since mailed myself gear...no problems...yet.

There are positives and negatives about a P.O. Box and UPS Store.

Customs is different than the Post Office. By law, they can open any package entering the country. Not much you can do there. It's really up to the source to package well enough to not get profiled when packages enter the country. Also, packages coming in from Thailand and China are looked at much closer than those coming from the UK per se.

If you use a PO Box, you will need identification and your real address so they can confirm your normal address before you get approved.

If you use a UPS store box, you'll need the same information as you'd give USPS because you're filling out the same form.

I'd rather use a UPS store box IMO. Reasons? USPS has their own police/agents. Many UPS stores will provide you access to get your packages (if they fit in the box) after hours. You could easily get a fake ID and go to the UPS store to set up an anonymous box.

There are positives and negatives about a P.O. Box and UPS Store.

Customs is different than the Post Office. By law, they can open any package entering the country. Not much you can do there. It's really up to the source to package well enough to not get profiled when packages enter the country. Also, packages coming in from Thailand and China are looked at much closer than those coming from the UK per se.

If you use a PO Box, you will need identification and your real address so they can confirm your normal address before you get approved.

If you use a UPS store box, you'll need the same information as you'd give USPS because you're filling out the same form.

I'd rather use a UPS store box IMO. Reasons? USPS has their own police/agents. Many UPS stores will provide you access to get your packages (if they fit in the box) after hours. You could easily get a fake ID and go to the UPS store to set up an anonymous box.

I agree but w me luck a fake ID would just add more charges for the coppers

I agree but w me luck a fake ID would just add more charges for the coppers

If you're getting busted for a schedule III drug, a fake ID will be the least of your worries. You aren't committing identity theft if you make up a name and use it for this.

If someone wants you bad enough...they'll find you. Regardless, the Post Office and UPS store both have cameras in them.

So you think a house adress is safer? I'm still new at this, could you explain?

It depends on the situation and where the package is coming from. Obviously, packs from China and Thailand are going to garner more profiling and inspection than packages coming from say the UK, Germany, etc.

I really don't see a difference between a PO Box and a house address when receiving. To get a PO Box, you have to register a valid house address with the Post Office to get the PO Box. Either way, if something goes wrong (which is the key in this) then they know where to go.

This all depends if you are receiving International or Domestic as well. If you are receiving International, Customs is the one that has the legal right and statutes to open your packages, not the Post Office. If you are receiving Domestic, UPS or FedEx have the right to open your package whenever they wish because they are a 2nd party courier and not protected by US search laws. If you are receiving Domestic, USPS cannot open your package unless they obtain a warrant from a judge to do so.

The difference is this. If something goes wrong (an amp breaking, etc), and a box is leaking, etc because of the anthrax issues, USPS has to notify their police force and agents on every issue in each Post Office. UPS and FedEx do not have those same requirements for their employees and the pressures to look for such biohazard issues are not as prevalent in their companies.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I guess it really depends on the situation.

It depends on the situation and where the package is coming from. Obviously, packs from China and Thailand are going to garner more profiling and inspection than packages coming from say the UK, Germany, etc.

I really don't see a difference between a PO Box and a house address when receiving. To get a PO Box, you have to register a valid house address with the Post Office to get the PO Box. Either way, if something goes wrong (which is the key in this) then they know where to go.

This all depends if you are receiving International or Domestic as well. If you are receiving International, Customs is the one that has the legal right and statutes to open your packages, not the Post Office. If you are receiving Domestic, UPS or FedEx have the right to open your package whenever they wish because they are a 2nd party courier and not protected by US search laws. If you are receiving Domestic, USPS cannot open your package unless they obtain a warrant from a judge to do so.

The difference is this. If something goes wrong (an amp breaking, etc), and a box is leaking, etc because of the anthrax issues, USPS has to notify their police force and agents on every issue in each Post Office. UPS and FedEx do not have those same requirements for their employees and the pressures to look for such biohazard issues are not as prevalent in their companies.

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I guess it really depends on the situation.

Nah man I appreciate the long asnwer. Answered some quesitons that I probably would of had sometime in the near future any how. Say your ordering from a domestic site would they be more likely to use USPS because of their policies as compared to FedEx or UPS?

Nah man I appreciate the long asnwer. Answered some quesitons that I probably would of had sometime in the near future any how. Say your ordering from a domestic site would they be more likely to use USPS because of their policies as compared to FedEx or UPS?

If you're ordering domestic, as long as the people shipping the contents package them well, even in the event of a breakage (which most professionals do) then you have nothing to worry about. I wouldn't worry about a domestic shipment regardless if it was coming from USPS, FedEx, or UPS.

International shipments are always the ones that cause me concern. You really have to trust your source 110% with their packaging to be somewhat safe ordering from them IMO.

Back