Sensation from new injection site

Sedg1

I self-injected for the first time today. After three years of weekly visits to my doc for shots, I finally got a script. I have pinned B12 in the past, so I am familiar with the process. Of course, injecting a low viscosity serum vs cyp is a different experience. And so was the immediate reaction I got. I remember after the first injection years ago I got an immediate rush and even a faint taste in my mouth. Since then I have had weekly injections only in the delts without that sensation. Today, I self-injected in the right quad. And had the same sensation - a rush and slight taste. Certainly not unpleasant. I am wondering if the body adapts to an alternate injection site and then responds differently. Or if injecting in a large muscle group (quad) causes a different reaction. Anyone else?

That just means you nicked a blood vessel and a little bit of the Cyp got in. It rarely happens. It is less likely in the delts and more likely in the quads however. It is often accompany with coughing.

That just means you nicked a blood vessel and a little bit of the Cyp got in. It rarely happens. It is less likely in the delts and more likely in the quads however. It is often accompany with coughing.

M, so a bit of IV vs IM?
Very interesting.
No coughing.

Back