Bad shot or infection...what to do?

Chief Iron Bear

Got my goodies in recently and wanted to front load my gear so my 1st injection was of course larger.

(Cycle is going to start at

400mg test cyp400/week

400mg masteron enanthate/week

450mg EQ/week

Took 1st injections Monday (300mg mast+450mg Eq in left side delt. 3ml total) + (1000mg of cyp400 in right side delt.2.5ml total).

The left injection was perfect. But right injection with cyp400 is very inflamed..a bit warm...very swollen...kinda red. Skin is suuper tight in the area

Was thinking at first that I just took too much volume of high concentration gear and it knotted badly...but now I'm thinking I either have an infection on basically my 1st shot of the whole cycle...or I'm hoping perhaps it's just a bad reaction to too much solvent maybe.

I took another injection on the Wednesday of 200mg cyp400+200mg mast e+ 210mg EQ (2.2ML total) in right quad and its perfect. Maybe a 2 outta 10 pain scale. No knotting..no issues at all.

On another forum one of the guys said he was told from a dr that an infection would take 10 days to manifest itself. Unsure of the factual nature of that or not.

Gear is from an extremely reputable lab here in Canada.

I'm meticulous with my injection sanitation and technique but I suppose anything can happen.

Have u guys had bad shots in the past? If so, should i be considering an emergency room visit or do u guys just take ibuprofen and ice it down?

Last edited:
400mg/mL test e? It seems the higher elevations in test, 400 test E or 500 mg sust and such seem to cause more soreness and reactions with some people.

Or am I not understanding the test youre injecting?

No sir youre correct.

400mg/ml test cyp x 2.5mL

Going to go to emerge tomorrow just incase. Swelling has gone down a bit around tricep but has spread a bit. Less pain tho.

Better safe than sorry

I've tried 400mg/mL test and got red marks. I only did 60mg worth sub-q (TRT) and it gave me redness and a swollen lump. Compared to the 200mg/mL prescription testosterone it was definitely thicker and caused more soreness. Also redness and swelling.

Let us know what the doc says!!

Sounds like too much gear at once, to me. And I agree with Mycelium, a lot of times the heavy tests are a lot harsher.

Why did you front load anyway, where did you read this? Have you ever done it before?

In my opinion, it’s moot. Use that gear to make sure you fun a full length cycle.

If anything, start with prop or an oral, dont front load a gram of gear in one pin.

If I want to feel my test quick, Id start with prop. If I want to feel my tren fast, I start with ace. I haven’t used an oral in years, but that’s also a very viable option for that early motivation.

Did you aspirate? Draw back before injection? To make sure you didn't hit a blood vessel. Usually for me when I create a blood pocket, I would get the same issue. But keep an eye on it for infection,

Doctor said it was just a hematoma in the upper arm causing the issue.

My forearm and hand became very swollen at the same time...no redness or heat just all water.

Doc said it looks like cellulitis or similar skin issue. Prescribed antibiotics and all is well after about 4 days.

During the original injection I did use fresh needle, fresh syringe..swiped with alcohol on bottle membrane and my skin....and aspirated also. Fairly confident in my injections but infection is always possible.

Since then ive decided to inject everyday. Same weekly dosages just broken up into super frequent injections. All good since then.

400mg/ml test e??! ouch.. i would never go over 250mg/ml.

why do you think big pharma companies don't make that concentration? because it doesn't work.

these days i'm shooting for pharma grade everything.

Last edited:
It does work, it just has effects and can work differently. The potency/concentration of something has different and mostly "worse" effects, but that doesnt mean it isnt going to work.

400mg/mL is like Everclear in a way. 400mg/mL is basically just "more potent".

I read several replies about the sust500 from another place from a different supplier and many experienced users said point blank increased soreness potency amd intensity. One said his injection pain was concentrated and ment it was a smaller area but hurt worse.

Too high a concentrate sometimes seeps it's way into the capillaries and burns. This can happen in one site and not in another.

No control of how your body absorbs the concentrated compound from one site to another.

I agree with Mycelium about the 400mg vs 500mg

OMM

It does work, it just has effects and can work differently. The potency/concentration of something has different and mostly "worse" effects, but that doesnt mean it isnt going to work.

400mg/mL is like Everclear in a way. 400mg/mL is basically just "more potent".

I read several replies about the sust500 from another place from a different supplier and many experienced users said point blank increased soreness potency amd intensity. One said his injection pain was concentrated and ment it was a smaller area but hurt worse.

what i meant by "doesn't work" is that it's painful because that concentration is too high. properly brewed 200 or 250mg/ml is usually 90% PIP free.

what i meant by "doesn't work" is that it's painful because that concentration is too high. properly brewed 200 or 250mg/ml is usually 90% PIP free.
Ive taken plenty of compounds highly concentrated (test enanthate 400/sust 350/tnt400/test E and EQ 500) never had any major issues like this.

No big deal though.

Ive had painful lumps since but have broken up my shots into my smaller daily injections so it's not too big of a deal.

One thing that did help was using longer needles. I was using slin pins for my gear which are only 1/2" long and that just wasnt working for me. Quads and glutes I use full 1.5"...delts atleast 1"...pecs 1"...biceps 1" etc. That helped greatly but 1 out of every 4 shots gets lumped up. No big deal.

This bottle of cyp400 will be gone in 2-2.5 weeks anyway.

Im going back to the sust350 that I used last cycle.

Other than that everything is going smooth with the cycle.
This was week #4 and I increased test from 400mg to 700mg. Increased eq from 400mg to 600mg and increased mast from 400mg to 600 mg.

I also added 50mg of oral winny + 40mg of oral DHT which I'll run for just 2 weeks. (I like winstrol a lot but dont like the crashed lipids so I only use it for 2 or 3 weeks duration).

I also grabbed some anadrol which I'm eager to take once I'm dieted down quite a bit more as long as I can figure out a way to avoid the water retention. Will likely run it with a second oral such as winstrol or anavar...or perhaps both.

Ive taken plenty of compounds highly concentrated (test enanthate 400/sust 350/tnt400/test E and EQ 500) never had any major issues like this.

No big deal though.

Ive had painful lumps since but have broken up my shots into my smaller daily injections so it's not too big of a deal.

One thing that did help was using longer needles. I was using slin pins for my gear which are only 1/2" long and that just wasnt working for me. Quads and glutes I use full 1.5"...delts atleast 1"...pecs 1"...biceps 1" etc. That helped greatly but 1 out of every 4 shots gets lumped up. No big deal.

This bottle of cyp400 will be gone in 2-2.5 weeks anyway.

Im going back to the sust350 that I used last cycle.

Other than that everything is going smooth with the cycle.
This was week #4 and I increased test from 400mg to 700mg. Increased eq from 400mg to 600mg and increased mast from 400mg to 600 mg.

I also added 50mg of oral winny + 40mg of oral DHT which I'll run for just 2 weeks. (I like winstrol a lot but dont like the crashed lipids so I only use it for 2 or 3 weeks duration).

I also grabbed some anadrol which I'm eager to take once I'm dieted down quite a bit more as long as I can figure out a way to avoid the water retention. Will likely run it with a second oral such as winstrol or anavar...or perhaps both.

be careful when doubling up on orals like that. in all my 7 years of using gear i've used orals twice because something about it i just don't like the idea of. BUT... my favorite look was 350 test prop, 50mg winstrol 3iu gh. i was around 10% bodyfat. i think i looked so sick because i had just dropped masteron prop @ 400 a week and replaced it with winny so i still had the masteron look. i had to stop the winny cause it was drying out my joints too much.

but yeah back on topic.. i took test 400 once and that shit sucked

Echoing the statements from above, test above 250mg/ml is never a pleasurable experience... the only way to ease the pain is to inject no more than 1/2cc at a time and needs to be cut with something else, 1/2 - 1cc of deca is good... also break up the injections, too much volume = PIP/discomfort as well

Bottom line is your gear is gonna hurt...

Regards,

China

(******NOT ALLOWED NO FREE ADVERTISEMENT*******)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back