Shakes vs Solid Food

Yeah, what if i take a shake like Isopure (no carbs) and throw in some fruit and oatmeal into the blender for carbs? Then say throw in some fatt somehow i dunno....

Whats the difference between whey protein and animal protein?

Whey protein is derived from dairy. I can't remember the exact figure but i think about 1.5 out of every 8 grams of protein in milk is whey.

Derexan said:
Yeah, what if i take a shake like Isopure (no carbs) and throw in some fruit and oatmeal into the blender for carbs? Then say throw in some fatt somehow i dunno....

Whats the difference between whey protein and animal protein?

the major differnce between animal protien and whey protien, is absobtion rate. a good whey protien can be in your system in under 45 minutes, were as animal protien may take several hrs to digest and get into your blood system. there are other factors such as amino acid profiles and other micro's but absorbtion rate is the biggest diffenrce.

also your question about the shake has already been answered in this thread. my 2nd or 3rd post here explained this and so did several other posts in here. and if you want to add "fat some how" to a shake there are several options.

fats to add to a shake:
oils (flax, olive, safflower, hemp..etc)
peanut butter (fat and protien)
lecithin
whole egg or just the yolk (fat and protien)
heavy whipping cream

those are all i could up with off the top of my head.

Back