365x2
405x1 paused/pressed competition form PR
455xmiss VERY close

Shirt
525x2
585x1
625x2
655xmiss
655x1 Pause/press competition form (very clean lift)

Boards
(5 board MM style)(pinky on ring)
405x3
455x3
495x3
545x2 SHould have went fo rthe 3rd. Zane was pissed. Sandy tried to hit me with the boards.

BW 277 clothed looking and feeling lean.

I'm not experienced in any way with lifting gear but I would think that as long as strength is moving in the right direction it is a good thing. I'm sure the shirted bench will start moving again soon just make sure you don't let it discourage you at all. I know thats what happen to me when I get stuck and it's hard to fight it.

Good question. Usually when my raw bench goes up my shirted bench does too. maybe pb , jc or someone could step iin

you cant have a pr every week jim. it just aint gonna happen. you've added close to 100lbs on your shirted bench in the last few months. what more you want? =0l

pullinbig said:
you cant have a pr every week jim. it just aint gonna happen. you've added close to 100lbs on your shirted bench in the last few months. what more you want? =0l

I did hit several PR's last night but they were all raw. I want 705 and I have not been able to double anything over 630. I just figure my shirted bench should be going up. Maybe not past 705 but getting stronger in the 600 range?

shirt and raw benching are 2 different things..

they dont necessarily move together

you wanna get stronger in your shirt use your shirt!!!

roccodart440 said:
yes i know just trying to answer ur question

i have a non juiced 615 gym bench-nothing great

but everyone else that i listen to with big big benches all seem to say the same thing

quote from Scott Yard 840 bench @ 275
"ive always found that when i am strongest in my shirt, i am weakest raw"

I know ive heard Sebastian say the same thing a hundred times- shirt and raw bench are not the same

Life is not linear man, I thought I was on my way to a 500 raw at one point and wham, injury. Ever since then its been a struggle, there are Westside guys who say they dont make gains for a solid year sometimes. We are humans man.

HIT.jpg

My raw bench and shirted bench were all over the place in proportion to strength gains. One seemingly had little to do with the other, especially as my weights increase. As long as your shirted is going up consistently I wouldn't worry about it.

When I did shirted work extensively my raw bench started going down actually. I am great off the chest lockouts have always been where I've failed, maybe because of my long arms I dunno. My chest though has always been one of my slightly better bodyparts requiring almost no work.

Back