Short cycle poor recovery

mystery87

Hi guys - I fucked up. Long time reader, first time posting.

I'm 27 years old male, been training for 8 years. I'm 6ft and 190 lbs, low body fat.

A year ago I wanted to bulk up and tried for the first time a round of test ethanate 500mg per week. I took it for 4 weeks, by the end I was unemployed (everyone got laid off) and my blood pressure shot through the roof. I didn't know if it was test or the stress, but felt ill and I stopped the testosterone. I also did bloodwork, sure enough my test was in the 3000's. Estradiol was around 45, the upper bounds of normal. I ran no AI on the cycle.

Before doing this round, my natural total test was in the 650 range and estradiol was in the low 30s.

I quit the test ethanate, waited about two weeks and ran toremifene 20mg/day for 2 weeks. I cannot take tamoxifen, I am on an a very small dose of an SSRI for anxiety. (the only medication I take). I felt pretty good after the toremifene, my balls came back to normal in size and I felt good. Everyone said there would be minimal shut down on such a short cycle.

Flash by 3 months and my hair started falling out of control. My nipples were painful and puffy plus lumpy. It kept going on like this for 6 months until I went for blood work. Sure enough, my test was in the 330 range and estrogen was in the 45 range.

I did 2 weeks of letro on a low dose (0.25mg/e2days) because it was all I could tolerate due to joint pain and 2 weeks of toremifene right after (20mg a day). I felt like a million bucks on the toremifene. Sex drive was normal, hair loss stopped dead in it's tracks, scalp was no longer itchy, nipples were not hurting.

I waited a month, retook the bloodwork and my blood results were showing me test at 480 and estradiol at 18. (low scale of normal). My LH and FSH were normal too, but on the low side. If I recall correctly my LH was about 5.5 and FSH was about 2.0.

It has been another 2 months since the blood results. My hair started falling out again, my scalp is itchy again, my nipples are puffy and painful again and I have minimal sex drive.

I asked my doctor to refer me to an endo and he said there was no need. He thinks my hormones are totally normal and within range. I visited another two doctors who said the same thing. It seems I need to take matters into my own hands.

What would you do in my case?

Last edited:
Can you post your most recent blood work please? Make sure you include reference rangs along with the results. And let us know what time of the day the blood work was taken at.

Did you ever test estradiol? Total estrogen is not very meaningful.

Can you post your most recent blood work please? Make sure you include reference rangs along with the results. And let us know what time of the day the blood work was taken at.

Did you ever test estradiol? Total estrogen is not very meaningful.

Sorry I did not keep the results. I meant to say "estradiol" not "estrogen". All the results were estradiol.

The unit of measure was in pg/mL and the range on the lab was 10pg/mL to 50 pg/mL.

Sorry I did not keep the results. I meant to say "estradiol" not "estrogen". All the results were estradiol.

The unit of measure was in pg/mL and the range on the lab was 10pg/mL to 50 pg/mL.

So go back and get the results. Make a phone call if you have to.

Back