Should I cycle with low T (newbie)?

g85b85

I became obese from drugs antidepressants etc. I went from 175lbs to 250lbs 42% body fat. T levels around 200. I got off those drugs and with low carb diet and fitness boxing (HIIT 7 days a week) I managed to lose weight. I am now 214lbs and 30% body fat (45 years old 5'11"). Natural T levels are now 300. I notice as I lose fat, my natural T levels rise.

I was hoping I may not need TRT once I lose all the weight. But currently my low T is making me miserable and making my workouts almost impossible because I am so weak. Im not using Testosterone to cure obesity. Im using it to give me stregth and stamina so I can work out harder to help cure the obesity.

I just received Testosterone Cypionate 200. Anastrozole and HCG. I also have Clomid and Phentermine.

How should i best use the medications I have to help me get back in shape?
Should I use a therapeutic dose (200ml a week) or cycle a high dose of testosterone (400 to 500ml per week)? Should I "blast and cruise"? Totally confused!

I second the congrats on losing the fat and ditching the pharmaceuticals, you are definitely going in the right direction.

You'll get different opinions around these parts. I think the majority would say don't cycle unless you are in the teens on body fat. In principle that is correct, but certain cases like yours don't fit that paradigm. My personal opinion is you can use testosterone as a tool to get where you want, but you need to know the hazards and try your best to mitigate them.

High body fat is going to drive up estrogen conversion, so managing E2 will be critical. The combo of high body fat and (potentially) estrogen can drive your blood pressure crazy. It will also put extra loads on your heart, liver, and kidneys - so you need to closely watch all those things via blood testing.

I'd suggest you read the beginner cycle sticky and start coming up the learning curve. There is a lot to know, and the more you read you'll find conflicting opinions too. Do some research and keep this thread going and people will point you in the right direction.

When you are ready you'll need all the gear and accessories, pre cycle blood testing, and a good estimate of how much AI to start off with. When you get going you'll have to do a lot more blood testing that normal, I'd say off the cuff every four weeks. We can help with all the doses and protocol, but do some research first. Read the beginner stickies, read 3J's articles, read the drug profiles, then post up an approach for critique.

I would read all the stickies before jumping into something that could make you worse then improving your situation.
Congrats on the weight loss!.. good job... keep going!
How are you loosing it currently?.. what type of dieting?
Stay away from the anabolics for now, if your feeling the effects of low test I would try possibly tomoxifin or clomid to boost the natural test levels, once you start adding in testosterone injections it will suppress your natural test.... but for now I would say diet it key!
What type of diet are you on?

For my diet, I gave up all junk food, fast food and sugar. Eating mostly unprocessed foods, and avoiding carbs. Also intermittent fasting a few days a week (fasting 18 hours a day). Trying to keep my insulin levels as low as possible. For exercise, Im doing HIIT mostly fitness boxing, walking 3+miles a day and I started strength training (5 sets of 10 reps) for most major body parts. (Following Arnold's basic training body building workout plan). Losing about 2lbs a week doing all this!

For my diet, I gave up all junk food, fast food and sugar. Eating mostly unprocessed foods, and avoiding carbs. Also intermittent fasting a few days a week (fasting 18 hours a day). Trying to keep my insulin levels as low as possible. For exercise, Im doing HIIT mostly fitness boxing, walking 3+miles a day and I started strength training (5 sets of 10 reps) for most major body parts. (Following Arnold's basic training body building workout plan). Losing about 2lbs a week doing all this!

Keep up the good work bro :)

Back