Small guy - big cals. So how am I meant to cut?

trs

So here's my curse - bulking diets run me at 5-6K calories per day with an even 40/40/20 split. I cook my own meals, am I super regimented? No. Am I eating well? I am. Where do I max out? About 78Kg which is 171 pounds at 175cm or 5 foot 9. I cycle most of the time, has just become habit to be on otherwise due to my stupidly fast metabolism I turn into a stick.

So yes I can eat whatever I want and not get fat but I know guys that run 2.5K cal per day and are literally 2-3 times the size of me. They're beasts, and all I can ever achieve is 'regular'.

OK backstory done. Figured I'd try to cut for the first time ever and have picked up some var to assist with that goal. Problem is I dont know where my daily caloric intake should sit to be in slight deficit but enough to keep my muscle mass while cutting fat. In addition Im wanting to throw cardio into the mix to help shred but I know it'll have an impact on mass/gains/results.

Im basically at a loss as to how to read my body to work out what I should be doing diet wise to shred my fat while keeping muscle so I dont shrink into an even smaller version of what I already am.

All advice is welcome :/

And before anyone asks how many cycles I've done it sits around 8-10 if not more. I started my first about 9 years ago, 33 years old..

8-10 cycles and 4-5k per day and you weight 170lbs . . . . Your training has to be off or you need your thyroid or something checked.

About 11 years ago I was this weight, higher body fat and eating garbage. Ran 600mg wk EQ for about 14 weeks and weighed 172lbs. I can still walk around at 162lbs untrained and eating whatever. Not fat. Abs barely covered. I got to 172lbs not counting calories, drinking every night and not specifically training for mass. Trained 5 days a week. 3 days weights and cardio intense MMA/drills/sprints ranging from 30 minutes Monday to over an hour Friday, everyday. Had a 20-30 minute ab routine.

Speaking of . . . . I am a lazy out of shape turd . . . :-(

Last edited:
I reached my physique naturally....iv ran 1 cycle and gained maybe 5-8lbs of lean mass which for me isn't the biggest difference. Honestly if you cant gain naturally, and steroids is the only way you can gain, get used to shriveling up to a stick....you gotta learn what you need for your body to grow. Also 40/40/20 is terrible, and pricier. Up the carbs man..Like way up!

Back