Some Truth about A.S..... Any Takers?

christhiessen

People hounding you about your use of steroids?... Friends coming down on you cause you want to try a cycle? Not sure about long term effect? READ

So, i've read alot on this forum about people asking about long term effects, and moral stand points on Anabolic Steroids. Heres some truth about the topic...

Performance Enchancing drugs have been around for thousands of years. Mostly promoting vitality and strength. HOWEVER... testosterone, the male hormone, has only been researched starting as early as 1889. At this point scientists started experimenting with extracting the male hormone from testes of dogs and guinea pigs.

It wasnt until World War II *1939-1945* that the German and Russian scientists started experimenting with other synthesized anabolic steroids on POW's, soldiers, etc etc.

Even from the 1950-1970's, some scientists beleived anablic steroids produced nothing more then a placebo effect.

So now that leads us to 2008. Is there any wonder why long term side effects havent been studied?? Anabolic Steroids are 1) CONSTANTLY being synthesized, refined, and reinvented, 2) have only really been studied indepth in the last 50 years, and 3) because of Anabolic Steroids are illegal in most of North America, it would be inhumane to be doing studies on human beings, the same would be why they can't do long term studies on humans for heroin, cocaine, etc etc.

So now we understand a bit more about why long term side effects are more scientists and doctors taking stabs in the dark, rather then them providing actual medical documentation about long term effects of using A.S.

As for the Moral Dilemma. Well no one can say what is right and what is wrong. Society has made what right and wrong looks like, and well, society can often be anything but right. How murders can take lives and be set free after 5 years of serving a sentance in prison, that would be debatable whether thats right or not. The only point that people can make against steroids is that, in some parts of the world, North America mostly, they're illegal. Interesting how 3 people die in the USA from steroids a year * supposidly*, but 750,00 die from alcohol, and yet steroids are illegal. More people in the USA visit emergency rooms a year from Multi Vitamin related illnesses then A.S. users * gotten from the documentary Bigger Stronger Faster*.

My point is, that even if your friends, family, friends family, family friends, ETC ETC are hounding you for thinking about, or doing a cycle of A.S., yet, go and get drunk, smoke cigs or weed, it ultimately is up to you to either, 1) keep it confidential, or 2, the more wiser, GET EDUCATED. Read books, and NOT just the arnold encyclopedia, read LOTS about it.

For all of you that are reading this, thanks for taking the time, and may i make a recommendation to you all. If you have a chance to watch the Documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster, a documentary about the use of steroids in america, WATCH IT! dont hesitate, get all your buddies together, friends and family, and watch it. It will help you argue your case that, maybe anabolic steroids ARENT so bad. Thanks!

I don't really tell too many people about my use. When I first did it, I did feel somewhat bad/guilty because I told myself that I was cheating...but then I saw a few other guys on my high school and college teams that were doing it as well...that mad me feel better about myself.

i don't care what others think

too much work...i got no time for it..they can think what they want and i'll do what i want

Back