starting my journey to imrovement

daniel60485

I am going to be open here as i believe in being completely honest to myself and others and in being totally accountable for my own failures and accomlishments.

I am naturally a smaller bone guy , but i was always very sport orientated and weighed in at 74kg at about 10% bf. Things shifted in life, i got very sick and decided to get married etc. My fiance was from overseas originally and visa issues here in Australia meant , to keep her home here required money. So i began working two jobs, then 3 jobs.

Stress and worries and pressure took its toll on me, couldnt sleep was barely eating and overall life was pretty crap. Eventually i saved enough money to process everything, once i got money into her account , as it must be like this, well, she left me. 2 days later , she broke up with me , saying i wasnt enough for her and im not the guy i used to be....

I am skinny, unhealthy, with an unhealthy lifestyle. I am going to attempt to heal my.body, mind and heart. Starting with my body. I am determined to cgange myself for the better, to prove to myself sth and for myself.

With that in mind , i am going to be entirely accountable, for myself by myself and by the people here too.

I am going to start with a flat out bulk, i am going to be consuming 3000 calories a day at first, as thats the maximum my habits will allow me at this point, i will then attempt to increase that by 300-500 cals a day to try push that to 4-5000 cals a day..
Mostly consisting of eggs, poultry, red meat, pasta, rice, breads, potatoes, veges... gonna target 2 litres of milk a day.

I will do a split , simply because time is a factor in my day. I am not yet sure of weight wise how much to lift at this point, i will be evaluating this as i go. First week will be as follows...

Monday

Flat bench press- 5 sets 5 reps
Lying dumbell flyes - 3 sets 10 reps
Incline dumbell press - 3 sets 10 reps
Tricep press - 3 sets 8 reps
Skullcrushers - 3 sets 10 reps
Tricep kickbacks - 3 sets 10 reps

Wedensday

Barbell squats - 5 sets 10 reps
Dumbell lunges - 3 sets 10 reps
Standing calf raises - 5 sets 12 reps
Shoulder press - 5 sets 5 reps
Lateral raises - 3 sets 10 reps
Front raises - 3 sets 10 reps

Friday

Pullups -5 sets 10 reps
Deadlifts - 5 sets 5 reps
Bent over rows - 3 sets 10 reps
Barbell curls - 3 sets 10 reps
Hammer curls - 3 sets 10 reps

Saturday

Weighted crunches - 5 sets 10 reps
Sit ups - 3 sets 25 reps
Leg raises - 3 sets 12 reps

Will post start pics when learn how too. Any encouragement or critique/ advice is appreciated

Welcome to the boards! Please hang in there as alot of us are in the same boat as you are so your not alone in this. The most important issue here is that you have the balls and courage to make things happen and it looks like you do, so what if you dont end up looking like those bodybuilders on the magazines and websites, so what! as long as what you do makes you happy then thats all it takes and then the right girl will come alone, trust me, she will come along and love and heal you.

Please keep us posted brother and never forget that you are not alone here :)

great first post and congrats on committing to making a change! you have a good start to begin moving forward. just a couple points.

i will then attempt to increase that by 300-500 cals a day

I would not do this PER DAY . especially if you only weigh 70 kilos to begin with , adding that amount of calories each day is going to lead to health problems. this is a long term commitment. try to shoot for upping the calories 500 per week.

also, your workout routine is a good start to get you in the gym and stimulate muscle growth and familiarity with the basic movements. However, it should not take you long to tweak this program so you can hit each body part closer to two times per week. As a beginner lifter and as a natural lifter, you can make a lot of gains by hitting each muscle group twice per week. so at some point you might as well take advantage of that.

also, committing an entire workout day to Ab work (your saturday) is probably not all that conducive to your goal of bulking. you might drop the ab work that day, and make that the day you work on strength base programming and 'technique', doing the big 4 lifts . bench press, military press, dead lift, and squat . you'd probably get more out of that long term for your mass goals then you would doing sit ups. (you can just add ab work to the end of any of your workouts)

Thanks Roush, so i will swap abs on saturday for bench press, squats, deadlifts, standing shoulder press. I will alter the calorie intake also, 500 a week , thanks for the advice mate

Cheers Milton. I think genetics play most part in pro aesthetic athletes. I just want to be the best i can be, wont happen overnight, but it will hapen. Thanks for the support :)

Cheers Milton. I think genetics play most part in pro aesthetic athletes. I just want to be the best i can be, wont happen overnight, but it will happen. Thanks for the support :)

Dont forget to be the best that you can be, not what the world expects you to be, then it will all make sense, please keep us posted and thank you!

great first post and congrats on committing to making a change! you have a good start to begin moving forward. just a couple points.

I would not do this PER DAY . especially if you only weigh 70 kilos to begin with , adding that amount of calories each day is going to lead to health problems. this is a long term commitment. try to shoot for upping the calories 500 per week.

also, your workout routine is a good start to get you in the gym and stimulate muscle growth and familiarity with the basic movements. However, it should not take you long to tweak this program so you can hit each body part closer to two times per week. As a beginner lifter and as a natural lifter, you can make a lot of gains by hitting each muscle group twice per week. so at some point you might as well take advantage of that.

also, committing an entire workout day to Ab work (your saturday) is probably not all that conducive to your goal of bulking. you might drop the ab work that day, and make that the day you work on strength base programming and 'technique', doing the big 4 lifts . bench press, military press, dead lift, and squat . you'd probably get more out of that long term for your mass goals then you would doing sit ups. (you can just add ab work to the end of any of your workouts)

Would this be better in your opinion mate, hitting groups twice a week or not much of a differance for someone in my position at the moment.

Monday

Flat bench press
Flyes
Military press
Lateral raises
Barbell curls
Skullcrushers
Ab work

Tuesday

Barbell squats
Lunges
Standing calf raises
Deadlifts
Bent over rows
Pullups

Thursday ( as monday )
Friday ( as tuesday)

i personally like your first routine in your first post as a starting routine just to get things going. you'll be pretty sore to start so hitting muscle groups once a week is fine, but after that, maybe 4-5 weeks later, you can modify it and start hitting muscle groups twice per week

Back