Steroid injection 101

I injected my calves the other day. Hurt for like an entire week. Couldnt walk on them either. Very painful when i did walk on them. Sticking to my glutes and arms.. Too painful to go anywhere else. I have also noticed if i do Tren and test on the same glute a week apart i get swollen and red on that particular area.. so i keep my tren on the right and test on the left side of the body

awesome article only thing i would like to add is that when putting the needle into your body i have read that you want to leave a few cm out incase the needle breaks and you need to pull it out

Here is another note on safe needle disposal

Information on disposal of sharps (syringe needles) & medical waste

Sharps (Syringe Needles) & Medical Waste
Commercially Generated Medical Waste must be disposed of by a properly licensed commercial waste disposal company.
Home-Generated Medical Waste
What is it? This is medical waste created through the administration of injectible medications and other invasive or noninvasive procedures. It includes, but is not limited to, syringes, needles with attached tubing, and other materials. The most common type of home-generated medical waste is needles and syringes. It DOES NOT include medical waste produced by home health care workers (physicians, nurses, home health aides, etc.).
Why is it a potential threat? First, the disposal of home-generated medical waste is not regulated. Second, there can be a significant potential hazard to many persons including family members, sanitation workers, and people in the community. Finally, home-generated waste can pose a threat to the environment. Sometimes people flush used syringes down their toilets. Because these syringes are light-weight and float, they are difficult to remove at the wastewater treatment plant. Often these "floatables" end up in rivers, along river banks, the ocean and on beaches. This was the case in 1987 and 1988, when numerous syringes were found on the beaches of Rhode Island.
Steps for Disposal

***8226; Rigid Container: Use a container with a screw-on cap such as an empty laundry detergent bottle, bleach bottle, or 2-liter soda bottle. The bottles must be able to be marked with a warning label using a felt-tipped marking pen. Note that the heavier duty laundry detergent and bleach bottles are preferred to the soda bottle.
***8226; Label/Warning: Place a large label with a warning on the container. CAUTION! SYRINGES - NEEDLES. DO NOT RECYCLE!
***8226; Clip the needle, or recap discarded sharps: Clip the needle if you wish. You can purchase an inexpensive hand-held needle clipper at a pharmacy. After clipping the needle, carefully place each of the used needles and syringes into the plastic bottle with the screw-on lid. An alternative is to also recap or re-sheathe the needle.
***8226; Seal: After the container is full, seal the bottle with the original cap and wrap tape over the cap.
***8226; Disposal: Dispose of the sealed, full container with your household trash. DO NOT place the container in the recycling bin.

What about medical waste generated by medical care workers in your home? Medical waste produced by health care workers (physicians, nurses, home health aides, etc.) as a result of providing medical care in the home is not home generated medical waste. It is Regulated Medical Waste (RMW) and must be disposed of by a licensed RMW disposal company. The responsibility for the proper and safe disposal of regulated medical waste rests with the health care provider providing services in the home. Caution contact a medical professional on what to do about medical waste.

Awesome thread!!! Wish I had this type of info 20 years ago! My former work out partner still makes fun of about how I was back in the day about pins.
I remember all the bad info, advice and bunk gear pushed around the gyms by so called experts. It's nice to see great solid info being put out!
Thanks

Good info. Recent experience: Pinned left glute and 3 days later have a large ( a bit bigger than my hand) swollen area.
Thought it might have been a cleanliness issue. The skin tissue seems to have a tough texture now. Thoughts?
Bad gear?

Gear probably hasn't dispersed. Give it a few days, it SOMETIMES happens. Otherwise, if it's an abcess (look up the symptoms) you need to see a doctor asap.

Chances are it's the former than the latter.

Back