steroids and anxiety

dankbrah

hey all

i'm 26 yrs old, been training for 6-8 years full on and i think i am ready for my first cycle.

my nutrition and training is down pact. i feel i am physically and for the most part, mentally ready to take this step.

i have a reliable source and plenty of experienced users to 'hold my hand' through this process.

my biggest concern however is that i suffer from pretty bad anxiety attacks and i am worried about what i might face during PCT.

can anyone shed some light on my situation? i really want to do this but not if it will mess up my state of mind! are there any recommended steps for someone with anxiety to take?

stats:
26 yrs old
6'3" around 215-220lbs

i plan to run test e at around 400-500mg a week (not 100% sure yet)
cheers

Last edited:
I dont have much advice on this, but I think you are wise to consider this a possible problem.
Ive never had any mental issues myself.
But I have been witness to a few that were made worse (from gear) in people that already had an existing problem.
If you are aware enough that it could be a problem, you will figure a way to coupe.

I have anxiety and it only gets bad when I'm go in a high dose of tren way too quick.
Ativan works wonders for me.

Are you on any meds for your anxiety or is it very mild?

I have anxiety as well and test does not seem to make it worse. I do not have it to extent of having full blown panic attacks but it can be somewhat severe at times.

thanks for the replies

I have anxiety and it only gets bad when I'm go in a high dose of tren way too quick.
Ativan works wonders for me.

Are you on any meds for your anxiety or is it very mild?

i'm still trying to find the right long term meds as most SSRIs seem to make things worse. the only saving grace is 1-1.5mg of alprazolam when things get real bad. it's mild at times but can get pretty bad. i'm guessing ativan is similar to alprazolam. do you take it while cycling?

also, how do you feel during your post cycle therapy (pct) and what would you recommend?

getting back to baseline ASAP seems to be the biggest issue

I have anxiety as well and test does not seem to make it worse. I do not have it to extent of having full blown panic attacks but it can be somewhat severe at times.

how do you feel when coming off the test?

i guess i'm pretty similar, it's mild at times but i'm always aware it's there. it gets pretty bad maybe once, sometimes twice a week but is fixed with alprazolam.

it would be a shame if it meant i couldn't cycle, as training is my passion and cycling feels like the next step.

cheers for the input

Last edited:
my biggest concern however is that i suffer from pretty bad anxiety attacks and i am worried about what i might face during PCT.

can anyone shed some light on my situation? i really want to do this but not if it will mess up my state of mind! are there any recommended steps for someone with anxiety to take?

My experience of testosterone is it amplifies some emotions, and makes others less.

You should have your E2 tested, along with your testosterone levels before any gear, as high estrogen will increase anxiety, as will low levels of T.

I also started T because I have low testosterone, along with a few other problems. Anything under 500mg a week and I don't have any problems with insomnia. Over that, and I have a hard time going to sleep.

thanks for the replies

i'm still trying to find the right long term meds as most SSRIs seem to make things worse. the only saving grace is 1-1.5mg of alprazolam when things get real bad. it's mild at times but can get pretty bad. i'm guessing ativan is similar to alprazolam. do you take it while cycling?

also, how do you feel during your PCT and what would you recommend?

getting back to baseline ASAP seems to be the biggest issue

how do you feel when coming off the test?

i guess i'm pretty similar, it's mild at times but i'm always aware it's there. it gets pretty bad maybe once, sometimes twice a week but is fixed with alprazolam.

it would be a shame if it meant i couldn't cycle, as training is my passion and cycling feels like the next step.

cheers for the input

I don't come off. I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), blast and cruise.

I have anxiety attacks sometimes. I've learned to recognize and tell myself I'm being stupid. Yeah, I talk to myself. I also have had heart palpitations since I was a baby too, which is what makes it worse. Docs say nothing wrong just the way it is. It freaks me out though. With me, it's just thinking something bad is gonna happen always like a hypercondriac..(sp?). I have done a handful of cycles and ALWAYS start with lower that recommended dosages. Helps my mind and leads my to believe that I'm fine. I always say to start lower doses and adjust as to not have any weird side effects that may make your mind wonder. I've had excellent results with 2-300 mg of test and a little Deca.

Anxiety attacks in pct will probably not happen there more likely to happen in cycle. I have anxiety attacks terribly bad in cycle. If your prone to them then most likely you'll start getting them 2-3 weeks in after it's kicking in good.

You should have your E2 tested, along with your testosterone levels before any gear, as high estrogen will increase anxiety, as will low levels of T.

I agree with this. I didn't get my blood work done before my cycle and currently I'm coming out of a bad crash due to improper PCT routine. Got my blood work done post PCT and my T levels are near bottom. I don't have anxiety problems much, but I have experienced many lately along with lethargy. Make sure you do your PCT right because the low hormone levels can mess up your state of mind. If a mind is already somewhat fragile, I suspect it could be pretty difficult to cope with. Luckily for me I didn't have any pre-existing issues so I'm battling through it.

I was searching about anxiety that caused by steroids as I'm experiencing a very bad anxiety attack during my cycle. I was on test400 and EQ. As I was reading your answers to someone who had the same questions. you said,
''Anxiety attacks in post cycle therapy (pct) will probably not happen there more likely to happen in cycle. I have anxiety attacks terribly bad in cycle. If your prone to them then most likely you'll start getting them 2-3 weeks in after it's kicking in good.
''
Now that's exactly what happens to me, 2-3 weeks after it kicked in, I witness my first anxiety ever'' i never had anxiety before'' I was giving speech in my class and that's when it came and supri. anyway, now I'm almost 2 weeks off my cycle and waiting for one more week to start my post cycle therapy (pct). my question is, does this anxiety goes away by it self? how long it might take to go away? I was reading so much lately about it as it makes me feel better when I know the causation and that so many people experience what im feeling now, but the problem is I never get an answer that does this anxiety goes away whenever the test goes back to its normal level? looking forward for your answer and thank you so much.

Back