Steroids and "Depression,Self-harm,Suicide"

RebellionTroops

Here to learn.
Hey there everyone.
I had trouble in the past with depression, self-harm and sever suicidal thoughts. It was actually the reason why I started bodybuilding. It helped me a lot. I stopped self-harming, smoking, doing drugs and lost 82 pounds. I'm thinking about going on with my first cycle "wanna start competing after college". So, Do you think steroids would have side effects on this side of me?
I'm not on meds btw.
Thanks in advance.

they may have a negative effect when you stop, you may also see estrogen related issues depending on your dose during the cycle, moody, emotional, you should tread lightly , have someone you trust know what you're doing and monitor your behavior

I would say be careful, adding hormones into your body can cause some emotional issues especially if you have had problems with it in the past.
I had the same problems in my past and actually ended up getting fairly depressed at the peek of my current cycle. Maybe try out a small cycle to start with just to see if you are able to handle the hormones and make sure you have someone close to you that can maybe help you through if you do have issues with it.

I hate to say this but using steroids is like using drugs. If you don't have a clear head, it can sometimes lead you in the wrong direction and you end up somewhere worse than where you were before. My two cents.

The Steroids are not recommended unless prescribed by a doctor. Illegal steroids will stunt for growth, shrink our penis, gives us headaches, lead to bouts of anger, and can even start to kill of living tissue. I read a story of a body builder who abused steroids all his life. He eventually just passed out one way and was hospitalized for a ful year. At one point he looked down at his legs to see maggots eating his flesh, because his cells were just decaying on him. He did survive, but it was a very long ans painful recovery. Now he's small, thin and lean and into yoga and other types of fitness like that.

orthopedic specialties
sleeve gastrectomy

dude the only way what you just said is going to happen is insane ammounts of steroids that would not be productive for anyone. And you saying that the penis shrink on cycle shows how much you really know about steroids. Just out of curiousity what even brought you to this site to post that. And to the guy who has had mental problems in the past. I think steroids would honestly be a bad idea unless you where 100% over it all. And still than you might have a chemical imbalance to start with and steroids would make it worse. I would say just stick with natural bodybuilding. But if you do decide to take steroids you need to learn all you can about them including side effects, how to stop side effects with other products, which steroids will fuck with your emotions the most for example tren will, and also going to a counceler or something and talking about your past depression problems and really solving them before you decide to take hormones. Think about how crazy girls get on their period. That is essentially kind of what steroids have the possibilities of doing to your mind from hormone manipulation.

Deciding to start an aas cycle is nothing to tread lightly on. I'm not saying that because you have had emotional difficulties in the past you absolutely have to rule out the thought, but you do need to give it more consideration. Just like any other exogenous drug, abuse can lead to problems. That being said, I think if you do the research that is necessary and try to be objective in your evaluation of yourself before deciding your path you'll be alright.

Having had a kinda F'd up life I've gone through depression and never had it treated. I've always believed there were ways to strengthen my mind and fortunately I have gotten to the point where I'm pretty damn content with how things turned out. That being said, I have done a cycle, as properly as I believe. A buddy of mine introduced me to them but I have been around them for years. I found this board like 1 month into my cycle and read a bunch. Knew what to expect and was ready for the crash. I had my Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to bounce my balls back into service and nolvadex and I coasted with the nolva and I had three days after all the test exited me that I felt depressed and yes It was like SHIT, what am I going to do but knowing that life goes on and this is only temporary pain keeps you pushing through it.

Just my thought :)

Exact same situation as you mate the Building is helping my a lot.
This is MY opinion for My circumstances i'm just saying...

I was depressed, suicidal and lethargic for a long time. Steroids in no way affected my mental state positively ( the test made me feel a little better but as a dude, that tends to happen ) but the whole routine of working out , figuring out my next cycle, seeing results, trying new meals, focusing myself on eating and sleeping, having to buy new clothes when the old ones get to small and generally the new circle of guys I now hang with ALL contribute to making me feel much more positive.

If your going to smash some gear and concentrate on your body then you might just feel better over time anyway.
my opinion only but it helped me a lot. I'm not worried about depression anymore until I come off the gear. That's a whole new level to get through but hopefully it will be temporary.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back