Steroids over 40

Very good read.....thanks cashout. Although,...even though i'm over 40, i still like my deca...an a little tren. I monitor my bloodwork very closely an keep dosages fairly low for most oils.

Wow,,u guys are so funny. Lets not pretend that the risk are sooooo much greater over 40 then at 20. You are the same guys that jump on 20 year olds for starting a cycle telling them they are too young,, meet your potential first. One thing Ive noticed is everyone who has been doing cycles over warns or under warns for doing the same thing they are doing. Well here is a new twist,,,dont do stacks,,,,yeah,,u wanna stay healthy,,,stay away from the garbage,,,stick with test,,,its very effective, if your looking to get huge u are gonna have to take more than test and if you do that at 20,30 or 60,,,its freakin dangerous no matter how old u are. Period! Its a shame that we have two choices, read what all the ppl that have experimented over the years say or read the anti cycle research says,,neither are very accurate. A simple cycle of test c, 200/w with an aggressive workout and healthy diet will make a huge diff and at 40, 50, 60 or even 20 it wont be harmful, as long as you take care of the number one muscle that everyone forget,,,,,your heart!!! If you are doing any routine and calling yourself an athelete and ur not doing cardio,,,your wrong !!! Cardio helps ev part of your routine,,I dont care if you can lift your fridge on your shoulders with one hand,,,if you cant walk it outta the door, your in bad shape...Cardio is the key to health,,,especially when on cycles! Pre workout and post workout,,,when your heart is in shape,,,everything else falls in place,,,,cardio is what gives u endurance,,,not being pinned,,,,if u are pumped up with junk that makes u think ur not straining,,,ull get hurt,,,joints bones and yes,,,ur heart too will get hurt,,,but if you work your heart as much as you work your biceps,,,get it to be the strongest muscle in your body, then you wont have the worries about a cycle at any age....but stick to test unless u just wanna be a man made monster,,,and if thats what you want,,,your taking a huge risk,,,even at 20. And last,,,,diet,,,oh my...how can you be any type of healthy eating zillions of fat grams and chickens by the truck load, Really? yes ull have more gains,,,yes five steaks a day and 20 eggs with a stack will get u huge,,,but 20 or 70,,,ur killing urself,,,eat lean,,,protien from good low fat sources,,,supps and seafood,,,some chicken and some beef,,,never pork,,,nuts beans etc,,,did you know that pound for pound brussel sprouts has more protein than chicken or steak,,,i sprout,,,1 gram,,,,,get your carbs from good sources,,,no pasta or breads,,,green carbs,,lean carrbs,,,,fats are super needed,,get them from avacados,,nuts and beans,,,good oils,,,not chicken or steak....so all that said,,,what does it mean,,,well if your 20 or 40,,,if you eat right,,,excersize ur heart with cardio, youll be healthier,,, youll loose fat,,,gain muscle and if you wanna get bigger,,,do some test,,,test c is my fave,,,400 a weel,,,,10 on,,10 off,,, Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and pct of course,,,but only enough to control symptoms,,,estrogen can e good in check,,,,and most important,,,,if you really wanna get big,,,at any age,,do your stacks,,,but you will run the same risk,,,stacking aas are dangerous,,,18, 25, 50 or 70 years old,,,thats your risk, take it,,,roll the dice,,get huge as long as you can take it then whine about shrinking when you stop

Last edited:
40 year old guys running cycles is not smart - period.

If you are in the 40+ crowd, like me, and you are cycling YOU ARE RISKING A LOT FOR VERY LITTLE.

Stop and think about what you are doing and why you are doing it.

What do you stand to gain?

What do you stand to lose?

I write these words having lost a good friend of 25 year to AAS use/abuse last fall at the age of 48.

Again, guys in their 40s have not business running cycles.

Such a blanket statement is irresponsible. Add a caveat and I might be willing to agree but, generally speaking, 40+ guys are;

A. More likely to research the positive and negative ramifications.
B. More likely to be aware of their own mortality and therefore be more cautious.
C. Less likely to abuse
D. More likely to do bloods and see a Dr. regularly
E. Be wiser about their health in general

I turned 46 yesterday and i can tell you what my BP is, what my Cholesterol is ( LDL and HDL and Lipid values)... I know my limitation and stay within them. I have a family that counts on me being healthy and therefore have more incentive to be smart about my health. So to say "40 year old guys running cycles is not smart - period." is not true in the least. In fact I would submit that a 40+ guy is in a much better position to gain from AAS than a younger guy, both from a mental and physiological standpoint. What you say may be true for some older guys but, you seem emphatic and even add "period". I just don't buy that!! You might want to clarify for those in my boat planning on or considering a cycle in the near future. My $0.02

I disagree with the theory that using aas after the age of 40 is any more dangerous than using aas at 30. In fact I think that's ridiculous. That sucks about your buddy dying of a stroke, but who's to say he wouldn't have died the exact same way even if he wasn't using (or in your words "abusing) aas? Nobody knows that aas had any contributing factors whatsoever. I respect that you have 27 years in this industry but that doesn't magically make you correct on this topic. There is no scientific evidence to prove that using aas is more dangerous at 40 than at 30. It sure seems to be working pretty well for Stallone who turns 66 next month and has admitted to juicing for the last 30 years.

40 year old guys running cycles is not smart - period.

If you are in the 40+ crowd, like me, and you are cycling YOU ARE RISKING A LOT FOR VERY LITTLE.

Stop and think about what you are doing and why you are doing it.

What do you stand to gain?

What do you stand to lose?

I write these words having lost a good friend of 25 year to AAS use/abuse last fall at the age of 48.

Again, guys in their 40s have not business running cycles.

Ok, u say over 40 is risking much for little. What exactly is the risk in your opinion, what is the difference between a man in his 40s or 50s (me) running cycles and a guy in his 20s-30s? What did your friend die of? And if u dont cycle what keeps u on this board? No dis-respect just curious. Ill tell you this Im almost 57 and I dont think I have ever felt better in my life and my blood work backs that statement up

Sorry to jump in but I got a question...

If you are supposed to donate blood every six months to keep RBC under control, what do people unable to donate blood do?

My RBC count is a tiny bit higher (according to my primary care doctor) but I cant donate blood since I had hepatitis when I was about 10yo (Hepatitis A)

My doc says my count is nowhere near to the point on which I need to donate, though.

Can you just go to a lab and ask to get a pint of blood drawn and then dispose it?

I am just curious

Sorry to jump in but I got a question...

If you are supposed to donate blood every six months to keep RBC under control, what do people unable to donate blood do?

My RBC count is a tiny bit higher (according to my primary care doctor) but I cant donate blood since I had hepatitis when I was about 10yo (Hepatitis A)

My doc says my count is nowhere near to the point on which I need to donate, though.

Can you just go to a lab and ask to get a pint of blood drawn and then dispose it?

I am just curious

Wow, I never thought of that. There's obviously no set rule that says u have to give blood every 6 mos! While most anabolics increase rbc not all do at the same rate. EQ is one which is known to increase it quite a bit. But yeah, it wld be interesting to know what happens in a case like yours BTW, to answer ur question; I guess u cld just slit ur wrist and let some out then duct tape it shut til it heals LOL

Last edited:
Good morning, I am totally new to this and hope to receive easy to understand advice.

I am 45, male looking to gain lean muscle size. Some info, not sure if this is relevant for possible replys.
Height, 183cm
Weight, 182Lbs
B/fat, 19 %
BMI, 24.5
Chest, 42 inches
Legs, Like match sticks, oh and arms.
Medium / Large frame (not even sure if that's the right term) ***128533;
Diet, Lunch and Dinner lots of chocolate type snacks
Excercise, Really just run and do push ups.

I would like to know what is the best steroid, with minimal side effects, how often do I take it / how much. I do not want to get huge ( I am not a body builder). I would like to have a good size and be fairly ripped. I say this as never been successful in weight training, I understand the No pain No gain mentality, will try my best to stick at it.

Most of all I want to use steroids to get there quicker, have more strength etc.

I have looked on the Internet, is METHENOLONE ENANTHATE / PRIMOBOLIN, the best steroid to use?
Do I have to use with other steroids, stack? I was kinda hoping use one steroid, sort my diet and train weights, so ER than run.

Your advice is greatly appreciated, I am not the best at technical terminology, so if any replys could be in plain simple instructions.

Thank you.

42 years old and didn't do my first cycle until the age of 39. I've done two per year since then and am currently on my 7th. Pre cycle , mid cycle, and post cycle bloods; donate every two months. Never looked or felt better in my life. My cholesterol is better now than it was three years ago. Your comment is a very broad generalization. Perhaps some validity to it, but maybe a fraction more risk than a responsible 30 year old - a very small fraction

Good morning, I am totally new to this and hope to receive easy to understand advice.

I am 45, male looking to gain lean muscle size. Some info, not sure if this is relevant for possible replys.
Height, 183cm
Weight, 182Lbs
B/fat, 19 %
BMI, 24.5
Chest, 42 inches
Legs, Like match sticks, oh and arms.
Medium / Large frame (not even sure if that's the right term) ***128533;
Diet, Lunch and Dinner lots of chocolate type snacks
Excercise, Really just run and do push ups.

I would like to know what is the best steroid, with minimal side effects, how often do I take it / how much. I do not want to get huge ( I am not a body builder). I would like to have a good size and be fairly ripped. I say this as never been successful in weight training, I understand the No pain No gain mentality, will try my best to stick at it.

Most of all I want to use steroids to get there quicker, have more strength etc.

I have looked on the Internet, is METHENOLONE ENANTHATE / PRIMOBOLIN, the best steroid to use?
Do I have to use with other steroids, stack? I was kinda hoping use one steroid, sort my diet and train weights, so ER than run.

Your advice is greatly appreciated, I am not the best at technical terminology, so if any replys could be in plain simple instructions.

Thank you.

You need to read ALL of the stickies on the general forums home page buddy - and leave everything well alone until you know what you are doing and can do it safely.

Looking at your stats, I'd say you'd be better off spending your hard earned cash on a PT and a dietician first and foremost - AAS are not the miracle drug that will change you overnight.

They will simply put the icing on the cake from your hard work on diet, nutrition, supplementation and sleep.

* Also, start your own thread. This one is 3yrs old!!!

BigBen

Thanks Jack Torsbear4, there is a bunch of info here.

I am over 45 and did cycles i my youth. With those cycles I have some of the side effects of water retention and slight gyno. I have had blood test done and found my test levels are down. I have tried to raise them with doctors advice via Sus 250 but my body does not seem to hold the levels after my term is done with test.

So now I am living in china and and getting to and English speak doctor is almost impossible and I need some advice. I would like to raise my test levels, cut my water retention or "soft look" and take something that does not covert to estrogen. I was thinking about Turinabol and stanozolol 50mg but need some other advice.

Back