Steve Nash Reportedly Has Won the MVP Award

YanksWS96

The Price is Wrong, BITCH
Steve Nash will win his second straight NBA MVP award, according to the Arizona Republic.

The newspaper cited an unnamed league source familiar with the voting who (reportedly) said the Suns point guard will become the 10th player to repeat as MVP.
Magic Johnson is the only point guard to have won the award in two consecutive seasons.

The Republic said the official announcement may not come for two weeks.

But the votes have been counted, and it appears Nash has won a close race that also included LeBron James, Dirk Nowitzki, Chauncey Billups and Kobe Bryant.

Nash, who would be the first international and the first Suns player to capture the award twice, won the fourth-closest MVP vote last year when he edged Shaquille O'Neal.

The 32-year-old Victoria, British Columbia native posted career highs this season in scoring (18.8 points per game), rebounding (4.2 per game), field goal percentage (.512) and converted 92.1 percent of his free throws to lead the NBA in that category.

He also led the league in assists again, averaging 10.5 per game, and finished sixth in three-point shooting, converting nearly 44 percent of his attempts.

Nash helped the Suns to a successful defense their Pacific Division title and a 54-28 record during the regular season.

If I were to vote, I would vote Nash too. The Suns lose Joe Johnson and Quentin Richardson. They were without Amare Stoudamire for just about the entire season. Yet, with a supporting cast of Boris Diaw and Raja Bell, Nash was still able to lead the Suns to a 2 spot in the Western Conference playoffs.

Kobe? Ballhog.
Nowitzki? Meh.
Billups? Psssh...the Pistons have 5 MVPs by my count
King James? My other choice.

Not a big Suns fan, but Nash does indeed deserve his second MVP in a row.

THOUGHTS?.........

I think Nash is the right choice. I would have liked to see Billups get it but I am a bit biased.

Nash simply amazing, hes 10 times the player billups is. Nash has marrion (Spelling?) and thats it? no stoudemire, and theyre still contenders this year, simply an amazing point guard.

James or Kobe, hands down. Argument for Kobe: he's got NO ONE on his team that's worth their weight in bird shit. Odom is the best they have and he is completely over rated - for being a loser. Kobe dropped massive points all year, more than ANYONE by far. MVP is suppose to be the top performer in the league, and the guy who without him the team would be at the bottom. Clearly, the Lakers went from not making the playoffs to making it and even getting a win from Nash's team. Kobe didn't win for one reason: he's a prick, and Nash is a stand up guy who everyone (including me) likes. But Kobe is a better all around player on any given day.

Who else came close to scoring 70 points in one game? Who else came even close to averaging 35+ points per game?!? NO one.

Message to Kobe: Pass the ball more. You see what happens when he gets guys like Lamar Odom in the game? Lakers now have home court in their series against the Suns.

STOP BEING A BALLHOG

Pass the ball more? Yes, if you're talking about the Shaq-Lakers. Current Lakers suck aside from Kobe. He passed the ball more in game one and although close, they LOST. He should go for 40+ points/game, and hope the other team flames out. Otherwise, they're already done anyway. $1000 on San Antonio to win it all.

Ponderosa said:
Pass the ball more? Yes, if you're talking about the Shaq-Lakers. Current Lakers suck aside from Kobe. He passed the ball more in game one and although close, they LOST. He should go for 40+ points/game, and hope the other team flames out. Otherwise, they're already done anyway. $1000 on San Antonio to win it all.

I wish I had a G to put on that

I'd put a grand on it, but the odds are already completely in Tonios favor. Might be a better return to put ur money on Detroit or dare I say the Mavericks.

Ponderosa said:
James or Kobe, hands down. Argument for Kobe: he's got NO ONE on his team that's worth their weight in bird shit. Odom is the best they have and he is completely over rated - for being a loser. Kobe dropped massive points all year, more than ANYONE by far. MVP is suppose to be the top performer in the league, and the guy who without him the team would be at the bottom. Clearly, the Lakers went from not making the playoffs to making it and even getting a win from Nash's team. Kobe didn't win for one reason: he's a prick, and Nash is a stand up guy who everyone (including me) likes. But Kobe is a better all around player on any given day.

Thats why Jordan was so great, he didnt have good PLAYERS around him, he had great role players.

Ponderosa said:

San Antonio, def not. Duncan isnt playing that well.Ginobili has been injured this year. The Pistons look might damn good.When Rasheed plays well, they cant be stopped.

Tsaunders said:
San Antonio, def not. Duncan isnt playing that well.Ginobili has been injured this year. The Pistons look might damn good.When Rasheed plays well, they cant be stopped.

Pistons just got their asses handed to them by the Bucks last night. But it was only one game. They're still on track for greatness.

If Kobe scores, people bitch about it. If Kobe passes, people bitch about it. Go fuckin' figure. Anyways, Nash didn't look to MVP-ish today.

Agreed. Nash looked like a super dick in game 4 with two VERY costly turnovers. Kobe was on fire, once again proving he should have been MVP.

Jordan didn't have good players around him? What? Are you at all familiar with the Bulls? True, it wasn't a super-stacked powerhouse; but what is? You had a minimum of 3 Hall of Famers playing at any given time.

San Antonio IS in fact looking pretty fucking lame right about now. They're just not matched up well with Sac. They'll pull through and win it all...But Detroit will be tough.

Go Clippers!

i get the arizona republic, and they reported they had info on the votes. it said nash was the mvp

Back