swithching from heavy weight to perfect reps.

rpwhit777

I was lifting heavy for the last three months and with the help of, good diet, sleep, and hard training..( oh yeh and some Vitamin S) I have been ablre to pack on 21lbs so far....I recently discussed switching my routine slightly with some peers and after some research I have decided to change to a perfect rep routine. My weight will drop as far as pounds on the bar, and I will work with a tempo in the range of 4-1-0. This is to say 4seconds eccentric( negative) 1 second concentric( positive) and no stop between eccentric and concentric movements, but paying strict attention to form and posture. From what I understood I should be able to continue to mass up with this workout at the same time giving my joints a rest. I would like to hear what some of the bros think about this..............Thanks.

Whoever told you that shit.................was 100% right!:D:D Slow the reps down...if you still are getting between 3 & 8 reps, then you are still training heavy, & thus for mass. The muscles aren't smart enough to know the difference. Sounds like a smart man here.

i would definately slow the reps down and focus on pefection now yes . i like one onethousand ,two onethousand , three onethousand then BOOM it up with no stop my self to get anal here instead of 4 sec. lowering , lol!:p

Good form is a must , full range of motion and a slow negative .......the positive (concentric ) can be done as fast as possible to stimulate the fast twich fibers optimally .......

Back