t-3 for cutting weight

BALLER

THE GOON
i have a neighbour who is going to start taking clen and t-3 to loose some weight. what dose of t-3 should she take and for how long. she is going to do the clen for 3 weeks on 3 weeks off. thanks guys

honestly i dont think she has. i think she started the clen today for the first time. should she only do the clen for now to see how that affects her? and maybe the t-3 later?

I think they have more information about this in the Women's forum...but we need more information about here...height,weight, training experience...

I have run clen but never done T3 with it. Does T3 need any type of supplementation? Will it shut down the thyroid or anything?

Well, first off... I'm not a huge advocate of females using t3 in general for BB'ing purposes.

Secondly, what's her BBT range?

Is her diet/training/cardio in check?

There are much better (and safer) alternatives than t3 or clen. Don't let her take the easy way out...

Lastly, if she's bound and bent on using t3, begin at 25mcg/day, and bump it up after a week or so to 35-50mcg, and monitor her BBT through-out... ensure/try to keep her BBT in the optimal range. There would be no need to use much more than that (dosage wise)... have her take it in the morning on an empty stomach.

freakinhuge said:
I have run clen but never done T3 with it. Does T3 need any type of supplementation? Will it shut down the thyroid or anything?
Use the search function.

No, it doesn't require any supplementation per se, but it is suggested (Colleus, bladderwrack, t-100/99 are all popular).

Yes, it will hinder the thyroid's endog. production, but will rebound post-usage... usually within 4wks. Their are supplements you can take to aid that, as well.

Baller - tell your friend to use something with less side effect such as Salbutamol (Albuterol) which is similar to Clen only that it is a short-acting β2-adrenergic receptor agonist. Clen is long-acting.

Women are more sensitive to the side effects of Cytomel than men, and usually choose not to take no more than 50mcg daily. A cycle should last no longer than 6 weeks and it should never be halted abruptly. As slowly as the dosage was built up it should also be lowered, one tablet every 3-4 days. Taking Cytomel for too long and/or at too high a dosage can result in a permanent thyroid deficiency. After doing such, one might need to be treated with a drug like Cytomel for life. And that to me is a scary thought....

Back