Tenonitis and cortisone???

mosh69

CRAZY WHITE BOY!!!
Not sure if this is the right section but I've had pretty serious tendonitis in my right (and left) forearm since 94 off and on.
I developed it doing heavy barbell rows and barbell straight bar curls.
I also play guitar and ride a otorcycle which further aggravate the injury.
I cant take aspirin or anti inflamatories due to pre existing liver and kidney safety issues.
Ice def helps but I'm looking for somthing better and more effective.
My question is, will cortisione shots help?
And are these available on line somewhere, not controlled substance are they?

There is a good chance that cort inj will help. I do not believe you can buy them online....I wish.... You'll have to see your Dr.

There is a good chance that cort inj will help. I do not believe you can buy them online....I wish.... You'll have to see your Dr.

Hmmm, yeah have an appt next month, I'll ak. I was toldthey sell the shots online of Canada.

Trust me man, I've had cortizone shots....you don't want to try giving them to yourself. There is quite a bit of skill and knowledge involved in doing them correctly, not to mention the fact that you need to stick the needle in DEEP. When I had a cortizone shot in my shoulder, the need was basically half way through me.

Trust me man, I've had cortizone shots....you don't want to try giving them to yourself. There is quite a bit of skill and knowledge involved in doing them correctly, not to mention the fact that you need to stick the needle in DEEP. When I had a cortizone shot in my shoulder, the need was basically half way through me.

Tru, I've heard good and bad but I'm all out of options. The shit kills all the time now, and I can't even trai back ne more.

Not sure if this is the right section but I've had pretty serious tendonitis in my right (and left) forearm since 94 off and on.
I developed it doing heavy barbell rows and barbell straight bar curls.
I also play guitar and ride a otorcycle which further aggravate the injury.
I cant take aspirin or anti inflamatories due to pre existing liver and kidney safety issues.
Ice def helps but I'm looking for somthing better and more effective.
My question is, will cortisione shots help?
And are these available on line somewhere, not controlled substance are they?

Cortisone shots won't take care of the problem, but in time it will aggravate, 'cause cortisone masks the pain.

If you want to take care of tendonitis and have no surgery I recommend Decadurabolin 400 mg/week for 12 weeks [+some test] and OSTEO BI-FLEX twice the recommended dosage/day for at least 6 months.

And avoid doing barbell rows and barbell straight bar curls. ;)

Hi Mosh

I've had (I think) four cortisone shots in my life - achilles, knee, somewhere I've forgotten, and most lately shoulder. I have always been wary, and have only ever given them one chance.

Well they have all had fantastic results. The shoulder one meant I avoided a major reconstruction, and six months later my strength is back to where it was - and the shoulder feels great. (Multiple dislocations in the past.) The achilles one meant I could complete an ironman triathlon a month later.

Last edited:
And dont do it on-line!

This is serious shit that you want done under ultrasound so that the steroid goes exactly where it should, and no-where else.

Cortisone shots won't take care of the problem, but in time it will aggravate, 'cause cortisone masks the pain.

If you want to take care of tendonitis and have no surgery I recommend Decadurabolin 400 mg/week for 12 weeks [+some test] and OSTEO BI-FLEX twice the recommended dosage/day for at least 6 months.

And avoid doing barbell rows and barbell straight bar curls. ;)
Gottcha...I'm gna ask my Doc next visit her opinion. She seems pretty knowledgable and very helpful so far.
I've done Deca a few times, currently stay on test year round.
Was actually considering dropping the test pretty low starting growth so we'll see.
I'll hae to look up osteo bi-flex, never heard of it.
Anywaythanx!!!

Hi Mosh

I've had (I think) four cortisone shots in my life - achilles, knee, somewhere I've forgotten, and most lately shoulder. I have always been wary, and have only ever given them one chance.

Well they have all had fantastic results. The shoulder one meant I avoided a major reconstruction, and six months later my strength is back to where it was - and the shoulder feels great. (Multiple dislocations in the past.) The achilles one meant I could complete an ironman triathlon a month later.
Thanx bro, again...I'm gna chat up the doc next month

And dont do it on-line!

This is serious shit that you want done under ultrasound so that the steroid goes exactly where it should, and no-where else.

Heard! Yeah I've had others tell me the same...def dont wanna fuck up on that tip.

So...update. I've been out of the gym for almost 2 weeks and its much better already!
I'm gna give it another week off and start back LIGHT!!!! No rowing or heavy pulls or awhile. Higher reps and more control should get me bk on track.

Any corticosteroid will weaken tendons. SO if you do decide to get cortisone injections I would advise you to lift cautiously. I say try everything else before this because of the high risk of tendon rupture.

Well it took over 3 weeks but I comitted to taking time off to heal and my pain is gone!
I think I'm still gna give it another week or so and even then severely restrict my pulling movements.
Once again, the best medicin for most injuries seems to be...rest.

Well it took over 3 weeks but I comitted to taking time off to heal and my pain is gone!
I think I'm still gna give it another week or so and even then severely restrict my pulling movements.
Once again, the best medicin for most injuries seems to be...rest.

Great, I'm happy to hear that.

Back