Test E + Mast, Critique Please!

PremierX

Hi,

I am a highly active guy, weightlifting for 5+ years, triathlete, work as a Aquatic First Aid Instructor.

Stats:
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 165
Body Fat: ~12-13%

I just started my first cycle a week ago after purchasing off one of my gym mentors, he recommended the following cycle.

10 Weeks
Testosterone Enanthate @ 300mg (1cc) Week
Masteron Propionate @ 100mg (1cc) Week
Pin Monday/Thursday
25G Pin

PCT
Clomid x 30Days
HCG - 3 injections

Goals
Gain 10-15lbs of lean mass

A few questions that I could use some help with!

1. Is the above weekly a strong enough cycle, or should I increase the dose to achieve desired results? I would happily go up to 500MG Test-E but I'm not sure if thats necessarily considering the Masteron is also in the cycle.

2. I was told 1cc of Test-E + 1cc of Masteron weekly will provide the same muscle growth as 2cc of Test-E weekly. Is this correct? I really can't find much in regards to how testosterone compares to Masteron.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I take my fitness seriously and I want to do this right the first time!

Last edited:
I'd up the dose to 500mg test and 200mg mast, because 300mg wont do much at all.

From what ive read i think that masteron is not nearly as anabolic as test. But it will provide a hard look.

I'd up the dose to 500mg test and 200mg mast, because 300mg wont do much at all.
From what ive read i think that masteron is not nearly as anabolic as test. But it will provide a hard look.

Thanks for the response Lenex, I will definitely want to up the dose. Especially after reading the study in this post steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/153723-300mg-vs-600mg-testosterone.html

600mg at 20 weeks (5 months) 17lb increase seems minimal considering I'm only doing 10 weeks.

So I should also proportionately up the Masteron?

I would up the doses. Being its your first cycle honestly I would up the test to 500mg per week and drop the masteron. Let your body react to test alone for first cycle so you can learn to manage your estrogen and such with side effects rather than multiple compounds. I know everyone hates hearing that and wants the growth NOW but you will be happier and more educated with your body and its chemistry with compounds.

drop the Masteron , run test only for a first cycle . and when you go to run masteron for your second cycle you need to run it upwards of 600 mg a week. it is NOT a strong anabolic bulking compound , 200 mg will give you ZERO results.

Up your test to 500 mg a week for 12 weeks . you'll need to run an AI as well. also HCG is strongly recommended. I see no mention of PCT, you'll need to get that together as well.

and , looking at your stats, the number one MOST ANABOLIC thing you can take is - FOOD . Lots more food

drop the Masteron , run test only for a first cycle . and when you go to run masteron for your second cycle you need to run it upwards of 600 mg a week. it is NOT a strong anabolic bulking compound , 200 mg will give you ZERO results.

Up your test to 500 mg a week for 12 weeks . you'll need to run an AI as well. also HCG is strongly recommended. I see no mention of PCT, you'll need to get that together as well.

and , looking at your stats, the number one MOST ANABOLIC thing you can take is - FOOD . Lots more food

Take his advice best u can get could not give it better myself

Edited post, running clomid at end of cycle for 30 days. So you believe the 100mg-200mg of Masteron is basically pointless?

Edited post, running clomid at end of cycle for 30 days. So you believe the 100mg-200mg of Masteron is basically pointless?

completely pointless. unless it is Masteron Propianate and your running that 100-200mg every other day. but pointless at that dose per week.

I've ran 600, I've ran 400 .. even running 400 it did not do a whole lot until about 12-14 weeks in. its more of a synergistic compound , meaning its best run at high doses along with other AAS compounds. Like for example - Tren / Mast / Test . It works well with other compounds.

Masteron is pointless at that dose. You shouldn't need it now anyway. My first cycle was test only @500mg per week for 12 weeks and I put on 16 kg. After PCT I kept 13kg. Just remember to eat. You can't grow if your body doesn't have the nutrients and calories it needs.

Just out of curiosity, what ester of masteron are you running? And did you start it same day as test? What is your AI protocol? I assume that's why your mentor had you run the masteron.

With him putting you on 300mg test and 100mg masteron for a first cycle with hcg in PCT, I wouldn't take his advice anymore if I were you. Do your own research. Plenty of info on this forum.

OTG

Masteron is pointless at that dose. You shouldn't need it now anyway. My first cycle was test only @500mg per week for 12 weeks and I put on 16 kg. After PCT I kept 13kg. Just remember to eat. You can't grow if your body doesn't have the nutrients and calories it needs.
Just out of curiosity, what ester of masteron are you running? And did you start it same day as test? What is your AI protocol? I assume that's why your mentor had you run the masteron.
With him putting you on 300mg test and 100mg masteron for a first cycle with hcg in PCT, I wouldn't take his advice anymore if I were you. Do your own research. Plenty of info on this forum.
OTG

It is Masteron Propionate. Yes I started it the same day as the test.
So it works out at 1/2CC of each for a combined total of 1CC every Monday and Thursday.

I am not running an AI. Will start PCT with Clomid/HCG at the end of 10 weeks.

What is your AI protocol? I assume that's why your mentor had you run the masteron.
OTG

Yes the Masteron was for AI purposes.

If I up the dose to 500MG is it worth keeping the Masteron for AI at 200MG a week?

I find a mixed bag of information on HcG on cycle. Is it 100% necessary? Or will it suffice during the PCT?

Would really appreciate a response on this one.

If I up the dose to 500MG is it worth keeping the Masteron for AI at 200MG a week?

I find a mixed bag of information on HcG on cycle. Is it 100% necessary? Or will it suffice during the PCT?

No, masteron is not an AI, you still need an AI with your cycle

Masteron is NOT an AI . It will help 'free up' testosterone, but aromatization will still occur and estrogen will still elevate.

my opinion regarding HCG . it should be ran during your cycle because that is the most OPTIMAL thing to do . words like "necessary" or "suffice" in regards to an AAS cycle are 'half ass' words . you want to do whatever is the BEST and most OPTIMAL thing you can possibly do .

don't ask if something is "100% necessary" or not .. ask "what is 100 % Optimal"

Masteron is NOT an AI . It will help 'free up' testosterone, but aromatization will still occur and estrogen will still elevate.
my opinion regarding HCG . it should be ran during your cycle because that is the most OPTIMAL thing to do . words like "necessary" or "suffice" in regards to an AAS cycle are 'half ass' words . you want to do whatever is the BEST and most OPTIMAL thing you can possibly do .
don't ask if something is "100% necessary" or not .. ask "what is 100 % Optimal"

Thank you for the response!

I was originally told that the small amount of Mast on Cycle would provide dryness and hardness.

I plan on ditching the Masteron and upping the testosterone to 400MG/week

For the most optimal results:

Do I need an AI on cycle? What is the most optimal route to take for managing estrogen and water retention on cycle?

Last edited:
I was originally told that the small amount of Mast on Cycle would provide dryness and hardness.

Your diet and training will do that for you...

1st cycle, keep it simple and see how you deal with Testosterone first and foremost.

Ditch the Masteron, run an AI from start of cycle up to PCT, run HCG from week 1 of cycle until 3 days before PCT.

A good start point would be 0.5mg Arimidex every 3 days - adjust according to mid-cycle bloods.

As others have pointed out, mast is not an AI. Get some arimidex and run as soon as you can, since you've already started the cycle. Start at 0.25mg eod or 0.5mg e3d. Adjust from there.

Drop the mast and only run test. Mast is useless under 600mg a week and if you run into any trouble on cycle, you won't know whether it's the mast or test that's causing it. So keep it simple - test only.

I have never used hcg, but only because I cannot source it in my country. If you have it, definitely use it on cycle. It will give you the best chance at making a full recovery and remaining fertile (if that is a concern of yours).

Just on another note, you used a short ester masteron with a long ester test. Not the smartest move. You should start shorter esters only once the longer ester test has been through one halflife or even longer to be safe. Most people would run the mast prop after two weeks of test enan to be on the safe side. It's all about keeping hormone levels stable. Luckily you still have a good while to learn before your next cycle and this board is extremely helpful.

OTG

Thanks for the all the responses guys. After doing a lot of research over the last few days, and taking the above advice, I have changed my current cycle:

10 Week cycle
Weeks 1-10: testosterone Enanthate @ 400mg
Weeks 2-10: arimidex @ 0.25mg EOD
Pin Monday/Thursday
25G Pin

PCT
Clomid
Weeks 11-15: 50/50/25/25

Goals
Gain 10-12lbs of lean mass
Stay Lean and Athletic

Thanks for the all the responses guys. After doing a lot of research over the last few days, and taking the above advice, I have changed my current cycle:

10 Week cycle
Pin Monday/Thursday
25G Pin

PCT
Clomid

Goals
Stay Lean and Athletic

your PCT is starting too early . Test E has a half life of upwards of two weeks, don't start PCT with the test E still active in your blood stream

10 Week cycle
Pin Monday/Thursday
25G Pin

PCT
Clomid

Goals
Stay Lean and Athletic

As said this is better. Except the early start of PCT.
As suggestion read and re-read the sticky's all of them Suggested first and second cycles.
Always read the steroid profiles thoroughly and understand them. If need always ask Q's. I hear so, so many time people say "I heard Mast can be my AI" well in very few cases but it isn't an AI to definition at all. It is an anabolic steroid.

So to you and others if you are making a decision that is going to effect a cycle and "YOU"VE heard this or that" then pull up the profile or an article and read up. OR ASK before jumping off on it.
This is the difference between real science and bro-science.

Good advice by everyone here. Set it up, do it and keep us tuned with how ya doin. :wavey:

I wouldnt get my head set on a number of lean mass gains either, you will only be let down. 10-12 lb goal of lean mass in 10 weeks at 400mg a week is alot to hope for. I would run 500mg a week for 12 weeks as others have stated too, I like to run my blasts 16 weeks. If your looking for those optimal gains your DIET needs to be on point and caloric surplus to gain, not just so so. Food is most anabolic thing you can feed your body , keep that in mind as you proceed, keep us updated.

Back