Test E only cycle - first time! What do y'all think?

Hi, y'all!

Somewhat long time lurker here. I have decided to run my first cycle of Test E. I've been training for a little over 2 years, been eating clean for about 6 months. I'm 27 years old and am 6'5", 204lbs with a 16% body fat. My goals for this cycle are to add 10lbs of lean muscle. All input, critique, what have you, would be much appreciated.

Here is my layout. I've already had pre-cycle bloods done at labcorp. Edit: I am planning on this to be a 10 week cycle.

300mg shot of Test, every Monday and Thursday morning, along with 250ug of hcg.

Aromasin 12.5mg, every other day.

Bloods at week 6, along with a donation of one pint.

Pct, 2 weeks after last pin.
Nolva 40 40 20 20
Clomid 50 50 50 50

Bloods, again, four weeks after pct.

Last edited:
Cycle looks OK.

I would try and get that Body Fat down a little more before you start, that will ensure a Better Cycle.
Personally, I don't like to run a Cycle if I'm higher than 12% or 13% Body Fat.

And for your Post Cycle Bloodwork.
I would push it back to Week 5 or 6.
It takes between 27.5 to 38.5 Days for Clomid to completely clear the body.

Clomid is made-up of 2 Isomers ~ Enclomiphene (62%) and Zuclomiphene (38%).
Enclomiphene clears in less then a week.
Whereas Zuclomiphene takes up to 6 Weeks to clear..................................... JP

For 600 mg/wk Test E you'll want to wait more than 2 weeks after your last pin. 3 would be better. And I might consider stretching the PCT from four weeks to five.

Keep a close eye on your estrogen, that dose aromasin might be a bit light - but you won't know until you do bloods at 6 weeks. If you have to make an adjustment after that test wait a few weeks and test again at 8 or 9 to see if you are dialed in or not.

Sound advice from the both of y'all, which I will be taking. I will be holding off until May 1st. Gonna dial in more on getting my body fat a bit lower.

Also, would y'all say 10 weeks is good enough, or would 12 be better?

Thanks so far!

Cycle looks pretty great.....did your homework. Yeah....I like 12 weeks better than 10. And yes.....dial in your ai after that first bloodwork. And great job planning the donations, could save your life and someone else's.....helps control your hematocrit.

Make sure your diet is solid.....lots of volume and clean. You will likely gain a little fat if maximizing your gains and that's ok, just cut some now knowing you'll likely put it back on. Itll look ok with the extra muscle on there to help :)

Have fun, be careful, and post questions throughout your cycle if you have them. First cycles are tricky and a lil different for everyone. Stay out of stressful situations if you can and remember.....this cycle is time for you to be a little selfish and take care of your needs.

Good luck and have fun bro

Edit....one last thing. Extend that pct by one or two weeks and cut the doses in half those 2 weeks. That's what I'd do. I like that better for a recovery. It's what I did when I first started and it went great.

Last edited:
For 600 mg/wk Test E you'll want to wait more than 2 weeks after your last pin. 3 would be better. And I might consider stretching the PCT from four weeks to five.

Keep a close eye on your estrogen, that dose aromasin might be a bit light - but you won't know until you do bloods at 6 weeks. If you have to make an adjustment after that test wait a few weeks and test again at 8 or 9 to see if you are dialed in or not.

I am on board with this ^^^ Good solid Tech input from Tankman OP and he's usually right on :) I am a firm believer of BW but when doing some compounds i would encourage a few more if Estrogen is a problem to deal with.

OMM

Sound advice from the both of y'all, which I will be taking. I will be holding off until May 1st. Gonna dial in more on getting my body fat a bit lower.

Also, would y'all say 10 weeks is good enough, or would 12 be better?

Thanks so far!

I am a firm believer for the most part 12 weeks is minimum. So much new synergism to take place. I think short of 10 weeks is not enough to begin results you will keep. IMOP
Up the weeks to 12 min

OMM

Cycle looks pretty great.....did your homework. Yeah....I like 12 weeks better than 10. And yes.....dial in your ai after that first bloodwork. And great job planning the donations, could save your life and someone else's.....helps control your hematocrit.

Make sure your diet is solid.....lots of volume and clean. You will likely gain a little fat if maximizing your gains and that's ok, just cut some now knowing you'll likely put it back on. Itll look ok with the extra muscle on there to help :)

Have fun, be careful, and post questions throughout your cycle if you have them. First cycles are tricky and a lil different for everyone. Stay out of stressful situations if you can and remember.....this cycle is time for you to be a little selfish and take care of your needs.

Edit....one last thing. Extend that pct by one or two weeks and cut the doses in half those 2 weeks. That's what I'd do. I like that better for a recovery. It's what I did when I first started and it went great.

So now buddy need i say more.

Good Luck,

OMM

Made me smile seeing a cycle that makes sense and actually seems to contain the knowledge to execute it.
Since you've gotten very solid advice from all our prominent and veterans memberts, that I totally agree with. The only personal changes would be:

12.5mg aromasin ED instead of EOD.
I would also run the cycle for 14 weeks instead of your proposed 10 to really go for that 10 pounds lmm which is a high goal but not impossible. You could even stretch it to 16 weeks bro.
Then just make sure to put all your focus into dieting and sensible training. Don't overdo the training, avoid injuries, take a day off when your body says so. I'd consider hiring 3J for a month+ consulting on dieting, it's what really gonna set you apart from the rest and reach your goals.
It's really all about proper diet in the end. Took me over two years to truly grasp that fact.
And I totally agree with Latestart about his tweaks to the PCT. I'd even add proviron at 25mg twice per day to keep proper hormonal balance and help maintain muscle while in maintenance phase. It's really gonna make a big difference in keeping your gains and reaching your goals. Also eat aromasin at 12.5mg eod 2 weeks into PCT.

Looking forward to updates, this could be a very nice cycle and something to reference noobs to this as a good foundation on how a first cycle should be executed.
Do you have before and after pictures to share?

Last edited:

I'll definitely be updating on here when I start it. I'm very excited to start this new journey. Thank you for the input.

Made me smile seeing a cycle that makes sense and actually seems to contain the knowledge to execute it.
Since you've gotten very solid advice from all our prominent and veterans memberts, that I totally agree with. The only personal changes would be:

12.5mg aromasin ED instead of EOD.
I would also run the cycle for 14 weeks instead of your proposed 10 to really go for that 10 pounds lmm which is a high goal but not impossible. You could even stretch it to 16 weeks bro.
Then just make sure to put all your focus into dieting and sensible training. Don't overdo the training, avoid injuries, take a day off when your body says so. I'd consider hiring 3J for a month+ consulting on dieting, it's what really gonna set you apart from the rest and reach your goals.
It's really all about proper diet in the end. Took me over two years to truly grasp that fact.
And I totally agree with Latestart about his tweaks to the PCT. I'd even add proviron at 25mg twice per day to keep proper hormonal balance and help maintain muscle while in maintenance phase. It's really gonna make a big difference in keeping your gains and reaching your goals. Also eat aromasin at 12.5mg eod 2 weeks into PCT.

Looking forward to updates, this could be a very nice cycle and something to reference noobs to this as a good foundation on how a first cycle should be executed.
Do you have before and after pictures to share?

Thank you, Santa. I'll be sure to take Aromasin everyday, once I start my cycle. Oh, and I'll certainly extend it to 14-16 weeks, depending on how everything goes. I definitely have enough supplies to do 16 weeks. I already have a great nutritionist/trainer. He has a lot of clients that use AAS, too, so I'm squared on that :)

I'll look into adding the Proviron, too. I know my connect has that on hand. And no pics, I haven't really taken any pics, but I'll be sure to take some before my cycle and during/after.

I'm stoked :)

OP this has been a good thread. Most everyone on this thread seem to be in agreement on the basics.

I like the fact that most of us advise more weeks to this cycle is great.

Nail it down and as was said bring it all back to us... Your attitude is good and i see you listen and take the suggestions to heart. So many guys come ask and then blow us off. After being here a few weeks I can some times tell when a guy is hungry for knowledge and to do it right.

Good Luck :wavey:

OP this has been a good thread. Most everyone on this thread seem to be in agreement on the basics.

Nail it down and as was said bring it all back to us... Your attitude is good and i see you listen and take the suggestions to heart. So many guys come ask and then blow us off. After being here a few weeks I can some times tell when a guy is hungry for knowledge and to do it right.

Agreed

I appreciate the words and love, OMM! A community like this, gives me so much motivation and inspiration. I am starving for all the knowledge and am grateful to have vets like y'all help me through my journey.

Cheers and have a great weekend! :D

I appreciate the words and love, OMM! A community like this, gives me so much motivation and inspiration. I am starving for all the knowledge and am grateful to have vets like y'all help me through my journey.

Cheers and have a great weekend! :D

Ok man remember our sticky threads are some of our recommended readings. They answer many of the newbie's initial Q's. THen you ask us ANYTHING you might not understand and need a short explanation. Many Opinions here but many more FACTS.

Thanks for listening and your enthusiasm to learn cycling safely as well as to get the most out of your cycles. 3J has a great reputation to help with proper diets for BB and more.. He's here on O'logy, You might look him, up.

Take your time here OP and listen to these guys, start a log and stick with us...

Good Luck again,

OMM

Edit: I had bloodwork taken before from a physical last month, which my test levels and fsh, were taken, but LH wasn't, so bought the female hormone panel.

Update: Pre bloods taken. 4 things were high.

BUN: 22. normal range: 6-20mg/dL

Bun/Creatinine ratio: 28. Normal range: 9-20

Sodium: 145. Normal range: 133-144.

LH. 8.8. I've read with this, the normal range can be up to 10 mIU/mL.

Note: I ate 50 chicken wings from Hooters the evening before I had the bloods taken. I'm still planning on starting my cycle May 1st and am aiming to run it until September 1st.

Last edited:
16 weeks worth of test at 600mgs has an outrageous amount of potential.

drink plenty of water & enjoy the ride

Back