Test injection in thigh----wtf? Dying

Tomahawk1976

Yes, I've searched the forum....but i still have some questions specific to my stupid ass. On the tail end of a Test cycle (my first) delta n glutes have been going fine. Did my right quad last week (2ml twice a week) and it was a little sore but nothing worth mentioning (1" 25ga) thought that might be a little short for the quad (since i weigh 225lbs) so like an a$$hole i used a 1-1/2" 18ga and now my leg feels like i got hit with a bat, a little swollen and walking like the little guy in a bad prison movie. Any chance i really messed myself up or just grin n bear it and be smarter next time? I can't tell if it's red or not (if it is-- ot much) if i grab it with my hand n squeeze it i can walk fine with no pain.....tight as hell trying to bend it. No blood or shooting pain when i did the Test.....any thought? Any help is genuinely appreciated

Wow...ok so quads are just tough for some people, me included. Also virgin muscles are a big player in pip, not to mention 2ml in a 1st time location.
But the biggie is the 18g pin. That’s like ramming a screwdriver into yourself. All pins tear your muscle a tiny bit. That’s why you rotate pin location to help reduce scar tissue, so it stands to reason the bigger the pin,the more muscle torn, the more pip.
The risk for an abscess is always there but as long as you are using sterile practices the odds are fairly low. I’d say you’ll be ok.
(Damn my leg hurts just thinking about it)

Wow, you stuck an 18 Gauge into your Quad.
That's like sticking a Garden Hose into your Leg, probably just Irritated a Nerve (lots of them in the Quads).

Stick to the 25 gauge.
Personally, I use a 25 gauge x 5/8" needle, and never any Issues.............................. JP
P.S.
Try Icing the Injection Site a couple of times a day, that will lesson any Swelling.
After 48 Hours, you can switch to a Heating Pad.

Wow, you stuck an 18 Gauge into your Quad.
That's like sticking a Garden Hose into your Leg, probably just Irritated a Nerve (lots of them in the Quads).

Stick to the 25 gauge.
Personally, I use a 25 gauge x 5/8" needle, and never any Issues.............................. JP
P.S.
Try Icing the Injection Site a couple of times a day, that will lesson any Swelling.
After 48 Hours, you can switch to a Heating Pad.
I pinned quads 2 days ago with a 25gx1”” and only 1cc and they still hurt today. I can’t even imagine an 18g...

18-20g only hurts when you know your holding that size in your hand.
I've pinned with my drawing needle more then once and only notice cuz 2 cc is pushed in, in half a second lol...

With that said, you're fine bro. It will probably be bit worse before it gets better, if i had to guess, about 6-8 days from when you pinned it'll be fine again.
What most likely happen is that you burst a couple blood vessel when pushing the oil in, that on top of the actual oil is making it hurt.
I'm fairly certain it would hurt exactly the same even if you used a 25g needle.

I do quads regularly and have had the exact same pain several times, using anything from 23 to 27g.

I usually use 25g, but have some supplies that came with a 23g.

Used 23 the other day and didn't like it at all. Can't even imagine jamming an 18g into a quad.

I usually use 25g, but have some supplies that came with a 23g.
Used 23 the other day and didn't like it at all. Can't even imagine jamming an 18g into a quad.

Any idea what gauge they use for blood donation ?
That shit was the biggest needle i've ever seen and it hurt for real real.

Back