Testosterone Replacement Therapy and Balding

JReinhal

Hello,
So Ive done the research and it seems that along with TRT there may (will) be an increase in DHT which affects the hair follicles in such a way that may accelerate male pattern balding in those genetically predisposed. I am looking to initiate my TRT protocol, via IMT, within the next 10 days. I have a family history of male pattern balding, of which I have so far been able to avoid (mostly) at the age of 36. Should I take preventative measures and use the shampoos and creams right at the onset of my TRT protocol? Or should I wait until I see if I start to lose hair?
Thank you

If you are going to lose your hair, it is just a matter of when. I wouldn't put a lot of effort and money trying to delay it. Just start getting the Jason Statham cut.

But get IMT's advice. Maybe they have some secrets that they can share with you.

View attachment 556801

If you are going to lose your hair, it is just a matter of when. I wouldn't put a lot of effort and money trying to delay it. Just start getting the Jason Statham cut.

But get IMT's advice. Maybe they have some secrets that they can share with you.

View attachment 556801
I took a screenshot of the picture....hahaha. It's most likely exactly how I'll cut it

Statham's is a #2 clipper grade, I asked him a few years back when I played chess against him.
I was running security on the film 'Revolver' and him and Guy Ritchie (director) were constantly getting the chess boards out (it's to do with the Kabbalah religion apparently!?)

I took his advice and I've been clipping it short every since (and the chicks love it!) :beertoast

Last edited:
Hello,
So Ive done the research and it seems that along with TRT there may (will) be an increase in DHT which affects the hair follicles in such a way that may accelerate male pattern balding in those genetically predisposed. I am looking to initiate my TRT protocol, via IMT, within the next 10 days. I have a family history of male pattern balding, of which I have so far been able to avoid (mostly) at the age of 36. Should I take preventative measures and use the shampoos and creams right at the onset of my TRT protocol? Or should I wait until I see if I start to lose hair?
Thank you

In your situation I would absolutely use minoxidil and perhaps nizoral shampoo preventatively.
Costs less than $10 per month and may very well at least slow the process.

Last edited:
My best advice is to buy a shampoo that specifically washes out DHT from your scalp....
I'd use that DAILY and maybe 2 times if you have excess oily scalp....
My scalp gets oily while on TRT...and I'm on low doses too.
Seems to help.

In your situation I would absolutely use minoxidil and perhaps nizoral shampoo preventatively.

I went ahead and purchase both from Amazon. All as preventative measures.
Thank you

I've been doing exactly this.. not sure how much it helps but I also clip it with a 2.. it's like anything... some chicks dig it, some dont care and some want guys with big hair.. just a numbers game but I think the better shape your in the less it matters..

Back