Testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) secret..do not divulge

Frank White

TRT secret..do not divulge

Greetings men...I'll keep this short:
I'm 43, 5'11", 200 lbs, in decent shape, and have lifted on and off for 20 years (hard last year-diet is clean for old guy). My doctor recently wanted to put me on androgel, which I declined. When he asked if I could give myself shots of test-e, I smiled (to myself). So here it is....my question is this...I'm scared of the side effects, but don't think I should miss the free ride so to speak...how much test-e, which Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and how much??? I've read my share but trying to keep it simple and looking for a good basic plan..also, if on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), is it a life long deal? If so, how does this play into the "cycle" so to speak??? My Doctor is GREAT and working with me so let me know what I need to be good and safe :)

Would like to hear from some other salty dawgs on here....I've read and read and know you guys know your shit!!! Help a brotha out!

Well, if you go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) then you don't need to do a PCT anymore....when you are done with a cycle just drop down to your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose.

Could start off your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 100mg every week or maybe better would be 50mg every 3.5 days. If you keep the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose lower you might not need an AI....we're all different so you need to do blood work after being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) awhile to know.

Are you going to be using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) as well?

Typically 100-200 mg weekly is a standard protocol - probably best to start out at the low end of the range and work up as needed. Everyone responds differently to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so blood work will be the only way to really tell if you need an AI.

It would be advisable to get base line bloods done prior to starting any protocol and then again at about the four to six week mark to see where you are. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a decision not to be taken lightly as it is for life since it will shut down what natural production you have left.

I am gonna go out on a limb and assume at 43 you are done with children so HCG would be for aesthetic purposes only.

I am gonna go out on a limb and assume at 43 you are done with children so HCG would be for aesthetic purposes only.

HCG is not only for fertility and aesthetic. It stimulates progesterone and the pituitary. It can also increase ejaculate volume which may increase sensitivity.

I honestly don't think fertility reasons is the best reason to take it. After all it mimics LH and not FSH, while it can stimulate some spermatogenesis it is not the major contributor to it.

out of 1148 men in 2011, without Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), discontinued T after almost 3 years and all but 2 regained fertility.

There are far better reasons to take it as mono-therapy or in conjunction with T replacement.

Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:
HCG is not only for fertility and aesthetic. It stimulates progesterone and the pituitary. It can also increase ejaculate volume which may increase sensitivity.

I honestly don't think fertility reasons is the best reason to take it. After all it mimics LH and not FSH, while it can stimulate some spermatogenesis it is not the major contributor to it.

out of 1148 men in 2011, without Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), discontinued T after almost 3 years and all but 3 gained fertility.

There are far better reasons to take it as mono-therapy or in conjunction with T replacement.

Just my 2 cents :)

Your $0.02 is right on!

Also, there are many who believe that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), an LH analog, acts like a sex hormone and has numerous Neuro effects. Many men, myself included, felt a great sense of well being and increase in libido when HCG was added to my protocol.

I read a paper written by a Neuro-Endocrinologist and he believes that LH/HCG does far more in a mans body than just activate the receptors on the Leydig cells. He actually called LH/HCG a Neuro Hormone...interesting.

Typically 100-200 mg weekly is a standard protocol - probably best to start out at the low end of the range and work up as needed. Everyone responds differently to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) so blood work will be the only way to really tell if you need an AI.

It would be advisable to get base line bloods done prior to starting any protocol and then again at about the four to six week mark to see where you are. testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is a decision not to be taken lightly as it is for life since it will shut down what natural production you have left.

Your right...no more kids. I wasn't planning on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), but ive seen it more and more lately, that I need to research it. Also, because of my job, all this will more than likely come out of my pocket, so that's why I'd like to keep it "simple". Also, just a thought, but if testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is doctor prescribed, there shouldn't be any backlash at work right?

Also, I was planning on starting with 150 mg week, to see how my body reacts. From there do a cycle around 400-500 mg a week, then back down to low dose. Again I'm rather nervous about the sides, especially Gyno. Growing up and even today, my nipples are kind of puffy for no good reason. It's weird, because when my nipples are hard they look "normal". Weird shit and at times embarrassing. Anyway, that's why I'm so nervous about doing this....fear of the unknown.

Also, I was planning on starting with 150 mg week, to see how my body reacts. From there do a cycle around 400-500 mg a week, then back down to low dose. Again I'm rather nervous about the sides, especially Gyno. Growing up and even today, my nipples are kind of puffy for no good reason. It's weird, because when my nipples are hard they look "normal". Weird shit and at times embarrassing. Anyway, that's why I'm so nervous about doing this....fear of the unknown.

Do you know what you're E2 baseline levels are now before starting your protocol?

Many men need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) at 150 mg a week so be prepared.

A "cycle" is not testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). If you go to 400-500 mg a week I am willing to bet a night out at the Cheetah Lounge on me that your E2 is going to skyrocket.

Your right...no more kids. I wasn't planning on Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), but ive seen it more and more lately, that I need to research it. Also, because of my job, all this will more than likely come out of my pocket, so that's why I'd like to keep it "simple". Also, just a thought, but if testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is doctor prescribed, there shouldn't be any backlash at work right?

Frank:

Why we need hCG:
1. To produce Pregnenolone; hCG activates the p450 side chain cleavage (p450scc) enzyme which converts cholesterol to Pregnenolone!!!
2. To produce the precursors for DHEA, Estrogen, Cortisol, Testosterone and DHT...back filling the pathways (See #1 above)
3. For proper and normal brain function
4. For proper functioning of the testicles
5. If men ever want to restart
6. If men ever want to have children
7. If men don't want balls that end up in a small mass of useless Collagen
8. The list goes on...

Nelson Vergel, author of the book Testosterone: A Man's Guide has a blog on HCG and men that you can read below (BTW, this blog is full of information take a look around). It's right from his book, which by the way is an excellent read for any one new to Testosterone Replacement in men. You can find it on Amazon.

Go here: Testosterone: A Man's Guide: hcg and testosterone

Nelson is a very dear friend and one of the leading advocates for men's health world wide. I am currently working with him on a large project right now...simply a great guy.

Enjoy the link fellows!

gd

Do you know what you're E2 baseline levels are now before starting your protocol?

Many men need an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) at 150 mg a week so be prepared.

A "cycle" is not testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). If you go to 400-500 mg a week I am willing to bet a night out at the Cheetah Lounge on me that your E2 is going to skyrocket.

Good stuff as usual guys...thanks! I dont know e2 baseline, but gonna ask! Lastly, which is the better choice, a-dex or aromisin? How much and how often?

Should be no issues at work if doctor prescribed. I had a random drug test last month and got the all clear with test, Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and HCG in my system. I was told that if anything odd showed up, as long as I had a prescription from a doc, I was good to go.

This thread has been very informative for me about HCG!

I always appreciate those who take the time to share their knowledge about these things!

Back