The Cutting Primer - The Unofficial How to Cut Thread and Sample Diet

Good post bro,
I used the keto diet my last 12 week steroid cycle and took really good results.BUT my post workout shakes has always carbs.

Good thread but I'm confused about separating the fat/protein/carbs and only eating two with each meal. Also, if I'm eating 6 meals a day, how am I going to eat olive oil, fish oil, and almonds? 3 different meals or mix it up?

Customer Service Rep. said:
Good thread but I'm confused about separating the fat/protein/carbs and only eating two with each meal. Also, if I'm eating 6 meals a day, how am I going to eat olive oil, fish oil, and almonds? 3 different meals or mix it up?

the food combining issue (not eating carbs and fats in the same meal) is nonsense.

also, combining different types of fats in the same meal isnt even what food combining addresses in the first place.

hi all.im weighing in at 18.5 stone and wanting to get down to 16.5 im doing a cutting course but struggling with my diet.i work nites so my days start at 12.30pm.............im training my arse off at the mo as im wanting to do comps next yr.is there anyone out there that can help me with a decent basic fat shredding diet so i can kick arse in the comps nxt yr,this means so much to me and its getting me down that i find it hard to shift my weight,i know sumwhere out there theres a diet with my name on it.PLEASE SUM1 HELP ME.

12.30pm,protein shake.............2.30pm,130g chicken 40g cous cous..........3.30pm,train for 1 hour..........4.30pm,protein shake.........7pm,130g chicken 40g brown rice or cous cous...........9pm,130g chicken...........1am,protein shake............3am bed............thats wot im eating 6days a week 1 day is a cheat day but still healthy.even though theres not alot of carbs im not losing any weight,the protein intake is good,around 300g of the stuff.not alot of carbs and losing no weight.......need help people.

hmm i see 7 meals in there wich i think is overkill try 3-4 also 3 shakes is a bit over the top unless you absolutely have to... proteinshakes can sometimes make you retain water depending on the quality.. well going low carb isn´t the only way to loose fat.

what does your training look like?

my training is awsome 1 body part a day im benching 200k leg pressing 500k and so on.its just my diet needs sorting.have u got any diets which u could post me so i can follow ?

i would just do some basic stuff if i where you and try it.

breakfast: oats 1 cup and 5 eggs

lunch. rice and chicken, salad, olive oil

PWO protein shake with carbs or cereal and milk

dinner. a little rice/pasta/potatoes with tuna and veggies and olive oil..

try that.. i dont really measure but just eat and use your head so you dont overeat..

keep your cheatday but maybe have to cheat meals instead of a fullblown pigout.

oooh and for weight loss- cardio 30-45 min after lifting on the same machine. I prefer the elliptical xc skiing machine really get your heart pumping :)

Ok need to START my cutting cyccle Big time. I have tried alot of shit but need to make some changes. I can not get rid of lower belly fat.. I want to make a different effort this time....

Current diet has been good carbs and no sugar .. Eat 4 times a day. I am around 205 now 6'2 and 34 years old. I would say I am up to 17 BF...

So this is my thoughts on new cut diet....
Wake up....
Egg whites and cup of oatmeal

Workout...

Protein shake

2 boneless chicken breasts and Broc(i hate veggies so this isn't easy)

Protien shake

2 Chicken breasts and cup of cous cous

Protien shake

Bed..

Really want to shred and get down to about 190 ish. What do you guys think. please help me.

you dont have to eat any more meals than you already are.

breakfast is good i would try to get a little fat in there as well. like a little bit of nuts and seeds with your oatmeal.

switch the meals so that you have the cous cous closer to training and and broccoli closer to bedtime.

what does your proteinshake contain?? how much carbs?

a thing that has helped me alot is training a little after last meal. go for a fast paced walk or perhaps ride bike a little.

you dont have to eat any more meals than you already are.

a thing that has helped me alot is training a little after last meal. go for a fast paced walk or perhaps ride bike a little.

breakfast is good i would try to get a little fat in there as well. like a little bit of nuts and seeds with your oatmeal.

Could I do something in stead of oatmeal like whole grain toast?

switch the meals so that you have the cous cous closer to training and and broccoli closer to bedtime.

what does your protein shake contain?? how much carbs?

Protein Shake is Pro Complex
260 cals
4g carbs
60 grms protein.

Training is Weights almost 5 days a week.
Mon -shoulders/traps
Tues Back/biceps
Wed-Legs
Thurs - Chest Triceps
Friday -Off
Saturday - Off
Sunday Chest again.

I do cardio all 5 days 25 mins on the tread mill heart rate at 135 for entire time. Trying to burn fat not muscle.

Other Supplements are Amino Acids, Fish Oil, Mulit Vit, Vit C, Potasium pills, Thats it..

Could I do something in stead of oatmeal like whole grain toast?
yes do it as clean as possible but you have to like the food as well.

at 135 heartrate you wont burn alot of calories. you have to expend more calories than you take in. and if you do only 25 min you should at least a few times a week do something more intense.

at 135 or your fatburningzone you burn a big precentage of fat but few calories. if you go more intense you your percentage will decrease but total calorieexpenditure will increase and give you better results... besides you cant burn off any significant amount of muscle in 25 min.

overall i think i looks clean and good.

good luck and keep us posted.

Ok thanks. I figured I hit the weights for a good 75 to 90 mins so thought my heart rate is up and then the cardio to give me a bit more.

I have always been able to diet down with out any cardio but has been getting harder as I have got older....

Also anyone have any good iPhone apps they are using to track there meals and such.. Just wondering. Thanks.

yeah your metabolism declines with age so thats a kick in the pants. normally if i track meals i just use pen and paper for a few weeks and then you can pretty much learn what a 100 g of rice looks like so i dont have to use it all the time.

a bit of ephedrine will help your weightloss if you are willing to go down that road.

Any scale recomendations? Do you measure the food cooked or raw? Just trying ot understand when you say 100 g is that what you mean?

That shit fucks with my stomach something awful.

Back