The new guy that wants to say Thank You

MAUNO

Hello All. I am new to the forum and to taking TRT. I have read and read and read on here before I went to my doctor after receiving the call I was going to be placed on TRT. Let me give you some of the back story.

I am 31y/o, 5 ft 8in, weigh 249 lbs. I went to the doctor at the beginning of December because I was always fatigued, snappy with my wife and kids and lost sex drive. With all my different symptoms and length of time that had been occurring he set me up for a sleep study and sent me to go get blood work. My results from the first tests are below.

12/12/2017 7:45AM AGE 31
Testosterone Total - 241.0 ng/dL (LOW)
Testosterone Free - 48.9 pg/mL (LOW)
TSH – 2.48 mcIU/mL

BICARBONATE - 23.8 mmol/L SODIUM - 137 mEq/l POTASSIUM - 4.8 mEq/l
CHLORIDE - 103 mEq/l GLUCOSE - 90 mg/dl BUN - 11.7 mg/dl
CREATININE - 0.9 mg/dl CALCIUM - 10.2 mg/dl GFR NON-AA - 98 mL/min
GFR AA - 110 mL/min eGFR-NonAA - >60 eGFR-AA - >60
WBC - 10.6 x10^3 RBC - 5.2 x10^6 HGB - 16.0 g/dl
HCT - 45.6 % MCV - 88.0 fl MCH - 30.9 pg
MCHC - 35.1 g/dl RDW - 13 % PLATELET CNT - 352 x10^3
MPV - 10.4 fl # NEUT - 5.9 high SEGS - 56 %
LYMPHS - 34 % MONOS - 6 % EOSIN - 3 %
BASO - 1 %

After receiving the results my doctor sent me back to get my Testosterone rechecked because of it being low. The results below are from the second run.

12/19/2017 9:32 AM AGE 31
Testosterone Total - 173 ng/dL (LOW)
Testosterone Free – 37.8 pg/mL (LOW)

Once the results came back even lower for Testosterone I was sent to get more blood work. The results below are from the third set.

12/28/2017 5:14 PM AGE 31
Prolactin - 18.6 ng/mL (HIGH)

Cortisol - 11.3 mcg/dL FSH - 2.1 mIU/mL UIBC - 254 mcg/dL
% Sat - 37 % TIBC - 403 mcg/dL Serum Iron - 149 mcg/dL
LH - 3.8 mIU/mL

On Jan 2nd, I went in for my sleep study to get checked for sleep apnea. After leaving the hospital I received a call from the nurse at my doctor’s office that I needed to get an MRI scheduled because my Prolactin came back high and there is a possibility of a benign brain tumor on my Pituitary Gland (Prolactinoma). At this point I’m freaking the hell out.

I Jan 16th I received a call from the sleep lab stating I had mild sleep apnea and needed to conduct a cpap titration so I can be placed on cpap. A week later I had my MRI done and received the news the next day that I do NOT have a Prolactinoma and needed to come in the next day to get set up for TRT.

I spent all night at work researching through this forum and was prepared with knowledge of what to ask for and about in at the appointment. He gave the run down about the side effects and said he normally doses 200mg every 14 days. I asked about 100mg every week and he agreed that would help the crash effect some of his other patients had complaints about. (I plan on the 3.5 day plan) I then asked him about E2 and he didn’t have a clue and said its not part of his normal workup for Low T. I explained that my Google Doctorate (mind you I have a GED) in research showed that when the body is pumped with Testosterone the body tries to match the “normal” level of estrogen. He had a holy shit moment and said that could be the reason some patients complain of “manboobs” and sore/sensitive nipples. He agreed he would order it for me when I do my 3 month follow-up and he would look more into to better assist all of his patients on TRT.

The end this long post I just want to say Thank You to everyone that has posted any and all knowledge!!! It was extremely helpful and I continue to read things that I never really thought would be happening to me at 31.

Congrats on the good news from the MRI and All. It looks like you have done your homework and are on the right path to get treated with TRT. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

I'm going now to pick up my prescription. My only question is do you guys think I should take 100mg today to "jump start" my test and then start my 3.5 regimen next Tuesday?

First injection went in without a hitch. I did the 100mg/ .5ml and pinned in my quad. I plan on pinning again Tuesday night with 50mg/ .25ml and again next Saturday morning. That is my planned 3.5 day dose.

How long does it normally take to start feeling the effects so I can have my wife prepared?

The testosterone begins to be released into an active form as soon as the body starts hydrolosis. It is about 24-36 hours from injections in things I read. Increases as soon as 4-6 hours. Different esters. It can depend on your initial levels but I think at about 5 months the intensity of mine is increase while the frequency is less. With me I think it began in a couple weeks. The onset was less drastic than what I feel now possibly. I've changed AI dosage and about 10-12 hours after hcg the wife starts looking real delicious. About 24-30 hours after a test shot I feel a little more animal planet. Fluctuations in between.

I think my sex drive and boners coming back gave me more of a psychological boost than the actual test level.

Things will gradually start to get better now. Glad you got some help.
I am currently taking 100mg per week and I take it in one shot......i don't feel any fluctuations but everyone is different so you have to find what works best for you.
Really happy for you bro. Taking charge of your hormones can be a truly great experience.
Keep us updated

I posted this in the ask anything thread but, about 4 hours after taking my first dose my blood pressure skyrocketed. At the doc's office on Thursday it was 138/87. I pinned for the first time on Friday(1/26) 100mg and checked my bp Saturday and it was 158/92. I had a corpsman check it on Monday(1/29) and it was 170/98. Today(1/30) I had it checked around 1030 by my nurse and it was 168/98 and checked again around 2200 by an EMT and it was 175/110. I started my 50mg E3D regimen today at 1900 also. There is a blood drive on base tomorrow morning so I am going to donate to see if that will help the issue. I have read all over the forum about hematocrit being a culprit to this but not sure if it would have happened that quickly. I will follow up tomorrow on here and keep you guys updated.

Your Hematocrit should NOT have climbed up in this short amount of time of starting your treatment. In addition, you are on a fairly low dose by most standards. Get your blood work done and see what your numbers are so you are not guessing.

I posted this in the ask anything thread but, about 4 hours after taking my first dose my blood pressure skyrocketed. At the doc's office on Thursday it was 138/87. I pinned for the first time on Friday(1/26) 100mg and checked my bp Saturday and it was 158/92. I had a corpsman check it on Monday(1/29) and it was 170/98. Today(1/30) I had it checked around 1030 by my nurse and it was 168/98 and checked again around 2200 by an EMT and it was 175/110. I started my 50mg E3D regimen today at 1900 also. There is a blood drive on base tomorrow morning so I am going to donate to see if that will help the issue. I have read all over the forum about hematocrit being a culprit to this but not sure if it would have happened that quickly. I will follow up tomorrow on here and keep you guys updated.

blood pressure is mostly increased by additional water in the body, and hematocrit is higher when there's less water present, donating blood is also a strong posibility, but blood works need to be done, get them and check back with us plesse so we can assist more.

At 0900 this morning I donated blood. At the time my BP was 164/100, barely making the cut to be allowed to donate. I again had my BP checked at 2200 by an EMT when I came to work and it was 168/110. I am going to call and schedule an apt with my PCM tomorrow morning and get it checked out.

Just to follow up with you guys. I started taking Carditone 02FEB18 for my BP. On the 2nd my BP was 162/103 and today it's back down to 137/86. Not the best but far better then where it was at. I Go I for my Cpap Titration on the 16th so I can get my prescribed levels for my machine.

Usually when before commencing TRT an SHBG level is important test which will indicate how often a guy should injection test and is good at determining how well a guys holds on to his test, any doctor that fails to run an SHBG test is clueless. It's the gold standard for evaluating a sex hormone panel.

Just to follow up with you guys. I started taking Carditone 02FEB18 for my BP. On the 2nd my BP was 162/103 and today it's back down to 137/86. Not the best but far better then where it was at. I Go I for my Cpap Titration on the 16th so I can get my prescribed levels for my machine.
How often and What dosage of carditone? hows your blood preasure now?

Usually when before commencing TRT an SHBG level is important test which will indicate how often a guy should injection test and is good at determining how well a guys holds on to his test, any doctor that fails to run an SHBG test is clueless. It's the gold standard for evaluating a sex hormone panel.

I didn't have a compete SHBG done but most of the tests on one were completed except the estradiol. I'm going to request the full thing on my follow up after 6 weeks. I have noticed after 3 weeks of being on it I'm starting to feel more energy and don't need nearly as much caffeine to keep going.

How often and What dosage of carditone? hows your blood preasure now?

I take 200mg day (2 pills) one in am and one in pm. It has since gone back up and continues to fluctuate quite a bit. I want to get my cpap and see if that helps it before I go back to my Dr about it. I completed the titration this morning and felt amazing when I woke up. First time I have felt that good waking up in a long time.

Back