The Rock's Program?

moonpie

What's up fellas, I've been reading on here for quite awhile but have never written. Where I work out some guys came in the other day talking about an article in this month's Men's Health. It has a program that supposedly the "Rock" has done and helped him. It basically involves working 4 different body parts a day six days a week. It goes like this.
Monday: chest, back, bi's, and calves. You do 5x15-20 with each body part. You can do all five with one exercise or mix it up and do 3x15-20 on bench and 2x15-20 on incline flys or something. Here's the kicker...you only rest for 30 seconds in between.
Tues: quads, hams, shoulders, tri's....same deal as above.
Wed. chest, back, bi's, and calves.....5x12-15 on each with a 45 sec rest.
Thur: quads, hams, shoulders, tri's...same as wednesday with reps and rest time.
Friday: back, chest, bi's, and calves...5x8-12 with a 60 seconds rest.
Sat:quads, hams, shoulders, tri's...same as fri with reps and rest.

I just started this and I like it quite well. My workout doesn't take that long..oh....there is cardio too...it's a 5 min warm up, 12 min intense cardio, 5 min cool down. I kinda do my own thing though on cardio. It might not sound like much...but it has kicked my tail the last 2 days. This program is supposed to be good for burning fat. Anybody ever tried it? I am doing a cycle of qv bold 200 and qv cyp 200 along with it. I just wanted to throw this program out and see what ya thought.

stay big!

a weight loss program with lifting as the core element will fail. fat loss comes thru nutrition and cardio. mens fitness? that routine aint gonna hold water long. but best way to find out is to give it a try and see what happens. good luck

This program seems like it might build up muscular endurance but not do much for size or strength. It also appears that it doesn't leave any time for recuperation.

Not that it is going to make a difference, but it is Men's Health. I know the deal with cardio and eating right. That's why I said I'm doing my own cardio that's not on the program. It just seems to make sense to me for burning fat while you are lifting. I know it is not a mass building program, but summer is coming up and I'd rather have the cuts than the mass.

you can have both. it is very possible to get stronger and leaner at the same time. with proper nutrition, rest and training it happens all the time.

hell if you want muscle endurance stay home and do push ups, pull ups and one legged hops. no need to go the gym.

you also have to be careful when cutting because if you do it improperly you will loose muscle mass. my suggestion is to add muscle and loose BF at the same time.

doing cardio improperly will cost you precious pounds of muscle as well.

good luck all.

Heres something Men's fitness may not have told you about his program:

I guarantee that his program is geared for his BUSY BUSY BUSY schedule. Perhaps thats one of the biggest kickers for the resting period? Either way, you can only find out if you try....just make sure to do your research.

And remember, his program is ment for his schedule and his body. Good luck

The rock looks like a joke. Sure he has a good build, but other guys have way better builds than him. Hes a nerd. He thinks he is the next arnold because he is in movies.........

LOL............... I just dont like him. Go cook something homo.

dont' hate.. mans just makin a living... so what if he aint no bodybuilder... who cares.. really??

hes got a good build on him.

Have you done something similiar to it before and it didn't work or are you saying that because you know somebody that did? Everybody seems to be pretty skeptical.

I have lifted like that and it dont work. way to much volume. unless you are a genetic freak it aint gonna work for you either. keep it simple. read the sticky "do dead lifts thicken waste". there is some great info in there as well as a routine and some of my workouts.

I've heard it before, I just didn't make the connection. I wasn't too sharp on that one...I guess it is from doing all those reps :D

Back