Things i need for a home hobby lab

Dominikanac

Hello guys after few times losing time and cash with buying fake gear i decided to start making my own for me and my few friends. Volume wouldn't be more then 200 ml each time so... After doing research last few weeks i think to buy next things...
vacum pump
ar-r.com/accessories/syringes-needles-filters/vacuum-hand-pump.html

filter
millipore.com/catalogue/item/schvu02re

Scale 0.10 gr

bb and ba usp grade

few different kind of syringe and needle

100 ml baker
200 ml baker
300ml baker

Vials and rubber stopers
flip caps
and krimper

Some sesame seed oil (its to dark i will change it for other brand)

And that would be all i think. Before i start buying i wish to know opinions of people with experience. Do i missing anything?

Thanks guys...

Some sesame seed oil (its to dark i will change it for other brand)

I have used canola and grape seed oil (GSO), and GSO is more liquidy, so it goes through a 25gage needle much easier. The green color looks nice, too :D, and it doesn't have a strong odor, which is another plus.

And that would be all i think. Before i start buying i wish to know opinions of people with experience. Do i missing anything?

I'd get an empty spray bottle and some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) to disinfect your vials and whatnot.

Also, a coffee filter would be good for some quick filtering.

I have used canola and grape seed oil (GSO), and GSO is more liquidy, so it goes through a 25gage needle much easier. The green color looks nice, too :D, and it doesn't have a strong odor, which is another plus.

I'd get an empty spray bottle and some rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) to disinfect your vials and whatnot.

Also, a coffee filter would be good for some quick filtering.

Yeah i forget to mention alcohol for disinfecting vials and coffee filters i did not had on list. Thanks buddy!
I saw today canola oil and it was pretty nice color i liked very much. I think it was pretty liquid also but i think to will get few different oils and then use one i like most when i open them.

Yeah i forget to mention alcohol for disinfecting vials and coffee filters i did not had on list. Thanks buddy!

No problem, bud.

Edit: Oh, and also, if you haven't already done so, you could get some stick-on plain labels for your vials.

I saw today canola oil and it was pretty nice color i liked very much. I think it was pretty liquid also but i think to will get few different oils and then use one i like most when i open them.

If you can get oil that comes in different colors, such as green for grape, light yellow for canola, then it might be a good idea to get both? You can then use yellow for Test, Tren (would turn into a darker yellow), and green for your other stuffs. Easy to tell them apart :).

Good luck, and keep us updated on your progress.

Last edited:
I'm also doing a similar thing, just an additional question right here.

What did everything end up running you together(assuming you access to the raw powder)?

I came up with:

Hand Pump
Bottle Top Filter
Glass Media Bottle
Caps
Digital Scale
GSO
EO
BB
BA
Beaker
(Syringles w/needles, I didn't include this as I can just get these at the pharmacy)
It came out to 340.50 I believe. If that sounds like paying way too much, I would be :) to know what to save on. It looked like there will be a need for extra carriers and solvents.

I just have Prop & EQ right now.

Was wondering if you really need a crimper & does it matter what you bake it(I was thinking of the glass beaker) as long as it's sterile. Thankyou, I appreciate help as these questions can probably get repetetive!

Butters Stoch

Last edited:
I came up with:

Hand Pump
Bottle Top Filter
Glass Media Bottle
Caps
Digital Scale
GSO
EO
BB
BA
Beaker
(Syringles w/needles, I didn't include this as I can just get these at the pharmacy)
It came out to 340.50 I believe. If that sounds like paying way too much, I would be :) to know what to save on. It looked like there will be a need for extra carriers and solvents.

I think most of your expenses come from items such as the digital scale and the filtration system and pumps.

Not sure how much BA/BB cost you, but because I don't use BA/BB in my brew to avoid injection pain, I didn't need to buy them.

As for beakers and bottles: I just use glass jars that they sell at local markets.

Everything else shouldn't cost that much.

But anyway, for around 340.50, this would save you more in the long run than buying UGL gear.

I just have Prop & EQ right now.

Was wondering if you really need a crimper & does it matter what you bake it(I was thinking of the glass beaker) as long as it's sterile. Thankyou, I appreciate help as these questions can probably get repetetive!

Personally, I would just keep it simple and inexpensive and go with glass beakers. But if you have extra cash and like to be a little more neat, I guess you can go with bottles, caps, and crimper.

Hope I answered your questions without rambling and missing anything. Cheers and goodluck!

I think most of your expenses come from items such as the digital scale and the filtration system and pumps.

Not sure how much BA/BB cost you, but because I don't use BA/BB in my brew to avoid injection pain, I didn't need to buy them.

As for beakers and bottles: I just use glass jars that they sell at local markets.

Everything else shouldn't cost that much.

But anyway, for around 340.50, this would save you more in the long run than buying UGL gear.

Personally, I would just keep it simple and inexpensive and go with glass beakers. But if you have extra cash and like to be a little more neat, I guess you can go with bottles, caps, and crimper.

Hope I answered your questions without rambling and missing anything. Cheers and goodluck!

You are correct on your conjecture.

We'll you answered even more than I asked actually. I did convert Tren from pellets before & remember using the whatman's from the pre-made kits was very tedious Decided the Handpump would actually save money, over going through enough whatmans to keep it smooth.

As I have powders in the hundreds of grams, that tends to equal more solvents..so I was just going with the conventional recipes here that listed using BB, BA & GSO. I'm not sure I understand, isn't some small amount of Benzyl Alcohol needed for sterilization? I would guess no, since you already tried & probably don't have a gaping fleshwound.

Also, does the Grapeseed oil need to be filtered, or can it be regular commercial grapeseed oil? Thats one thing that looked to be cheaper on amazon. I was going to make one order all at a particular supply website.

Thanks

You are correct on your conjecture.

We'll you answered even more than I asked actually. I did convert Tren from pellets before & remember using the whatman's from the pre-made kits was very tedious Decided the Handpump would actually save money, over going through enough whatmans to keep it smooth.

Yeah, the whatman was also very tedious for me as well. In addition, I noticed that Tren tends to crash, so a lot of the Tren itself get clogged up in the filter. Did this happen to you?

Anyway, in order to get around this problem, I had to mix rubbing alcohol with the Tren and filter, then evaporate the alcohol to get the Tren crystal :D.

As I have powders in the hundreds of grams, that tends to equal more solvents..so I was just going with the conventional recipes here that listed using BB, BA & GSO. I'm not sure I understand, isn't some small amount of Benzyl Alcohol needed for sterilization?

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I have read, BA is there to be "bacteriostatic" (prevent the growth of bacteria). I'm not sure if it kills existing bacteria.

As for BB, it's used as a solvent to dissolve the powder and thin out the oil.

I would guess no, since you already tried & probably don't have a gaping fleshwound.

Actually, believe it or not, when I used UGL gears (which has BA/BB), it hurt so much I felt like I had a gaping fleshwound! It hurt deep inside my joints for days. Horrible pain.

What I think caused the pain? I'm not 100% certain if it is the BA or the BB, but all I know is that the pain was not due to an infection (no redness/swelling), and when I baked the gear to evaporate both the BA/BB, it significantly reduced the post injection pain.

When I brew my Fina pellets, I used nothing but oil and Fina itself. I had absolutely no pain at all.

Last week when I brewed test prop for the first time, I also used just prop and oil. Again, I had zero pain!

Also, does the Grapeseed oil need to be filtered, or can it be regular commercial grapeseed oil? Thats one thing that looked to be cheaper on amazon. I was going to make one order all at a particular supply website.

Thanks

I guess it's up to you whether or not you want to filter your grapeseed oil. I use GSO bought at local supermatket (1-2L bottle). As to buying the oil on Amazon, if the price + shipping is cheaper than what you can find at your local markets, then I guess by all means go for it. :)

You're welcome and best of luck with baking and training! :D

I got scammed for 50gr of test. Lucky i was ordering small order for first time for the case this happen... :(
Nothing to do now i will try to do better work and find better seller.

Back