This has never happened before but....

Kakdiesel

I am expecting a package sometime this week. But in the past i've always planned it so that I would always be home for it. But because of special circumstances, my friend who sent the package sent it a lot later than i had thought. with this july 4th weekend coming up, i will be out of town until monday.

now if the package is mailed to me priority, and im not here, does the USPS hold it at the Post Office? nobody will be at my apartment to accept the package and i would assume the package is too big to leave in my small mailbox--therefore it makes me a little uneasy going to the PO to pick it up monday afternoon..

anybody?

If there is noone there to receive it, or a safe place for it to be stowed, then it is taken back to the PO, yes. It will be held there for 5 days, then sent back to the adressor if it hasn't been claimed by then. There won't be anyone at the PO all weekend, so don't worry about it being fudged with. You think any government employeee is going to come in on their 3-day weekend brother? Nah. You should be fine.

i agree with the above post.

if theres no one around, and no place to safely leave it, they will take it back, and leave you a note telling you to pick it up at the p.o.

i dont think it would be much of a risk to pick it up, especially since they tried to deliver it once already........

peace I4L

If it needs to be signed for they usually leave a note and attempt delivery 3 times. If it is unable to be delivered they hold is at the PO as skedz said, and eventually send it back.

Back