Too much fat (unsaturated) in my diet?

Jean-Claude

I recently changed my diet a bit and replaced some carbs with good fats for 2 reasons: 1-I needed to increase my calorie total to gain more mass, 2- I don't like carbs, I find most carb foods to be tasteless.
I know healthy unsaturated fats are good but I was wondering if there was such a thing as too much fat in a diet.. With this new plan my calorie total comes up to about 3250-3500 daily with about 225g of protein. My total calorie intake coming from protein is about 27%, 24% from carbs and at least 45% from fats... (eggs, nuts, olive oil, cheese, peanut butter and avocados) Can this promote storage of fat? Thanks guys!

All these good fats will give you hours of pleasurable bowel movements each day and keep your colon nice and happy. As for carbs its all about flavoring, if its tasteless, add some seasoning or buy your carbs from a store of shop that seasons theirs. There will be no storage of fat since those fats are good fats and will flow through your system like water. Make sure to also keep your fiber intake high all throughout the day. and make damn sure not to mix in any saturated fats no matter how bad the temptation is.

are you bulking?? im guessing youre bulking with that caloric intake??

All these good fats will give you hours of pleasurable bowel movements each day and keep your colon nice and happy. As for carbs its all about flavoring, if its tasteless, add some seasoning or buy your carbs from a store of shop that seasons theirs. There will be no storage of fat since those fats are good fats and will flow through your system like water. Make sure to also keep your fiber intake high all throughout the day. and make damn sure not to mix in any saturated fats no matter how bad the temptation is.

I've tried all these things with carbs I just can't appreciate them as much as a good fat meal lol. I'm happy only eating them around my workouts and doing fat/protein meals for the rest of the day if it's not detrimental! Thanks for your comment!

I dropped 40 lbs in 3 months. 265 to 225 and im now at 10% BF and dropping by eating under 35 grams of fat per day, cutting out dairy, and loading up on chicken, egg whites, veggies, and fruits all organic. If i have fat its red meat a couple times per week and an occassional un salted nut of some sort. Id try it... i feel better and im stronger. Havent lost a drop of muscle my arms went from 17 to 17.5 inches. This is all without steroids and im not bullshitting.

eating under 35 grams of fat per day

Maybe it's just me, but that doesnt seem like a good long term solution. You want to keep your fats high when possible. going that low will affect your emotions, sex drive and overall terrible feeling. Someone please feel free to correct me if i'm out of line here.

Been eating under 35 g a day since october of last year. I feel amazing, my fiance and I have sex at least 3x per week, im strong and have a lot of endurance during my workouts. I know some would disagree but with such a huge difference that I have noticed, I will never go back. When i say under 35 grams of fat I am not counting fat that comes from chicken or turkey. Im talking only about fats outside of my turkey and chicken. Nuts, avocados, peanut butter, etc... I also dont consume dairy any more as well. Both have done me wonders and my doctor says that I am the healthiest patient he has ever had as of last month.

Back