Training before 12hr -14work day? (construction)

Bustedchalk

I find I am to burned out at the end of the day to get in to the gym and give my all, so the last 2 days I went to the gym before worked and rather enjoyed it.

Anyone have experience doing this? Will I burn myself out in the long run possible?

I only have just under a hour including getting changed so I was thinking about doing a 3 day split that didn't include legs during the week and doing a upper/lower on Saturday/Sunday.

Anyone got any suggestions on a routine maybe, I've been doing a Upper/Lower 4 times a week for quite awhile but I don't think I have enough time in the morning plus its time for a change.

Also I'm wearing a Body Media, and some days I'm burning 5000+ calories so I am eating massive breakfasts before work and aiming to lose some weight in the next little while.

I've tried this method. I use to work evening shifts from 3-12oclock. I trained at 11:30-1:00. At first, I was exhausted and my body was always sore, but i was also squatting heavy 3x a week and DL 2x a week. It is challenging but your body will adapt to this type of stressor, the human body is made to adapt to the harshest conditions, you just have to push past the mental barrier and pain threshold and carry on.

I did this for about 3-4 months while de-loading every 6 or so weeks due to joint pain. Just make sure your caloric intake is above maintenance and you're listening to your body. Over training is a simple factor and needs to be avoided with proper nutrition and rest time.

Some training program that you could try would be: Hypertrophy splits, German volume training, 5x5, Bill Starr's 5x3, PHAT: Layne norton's program, Circuit training, HIIT, etc.

:)

I feel ya, I work 12 hour shifts regularly. I manage to get myself in the gym after work with the help of a preworkout and everything has been going great for me, just takes some time learning when to eat and what not.
I've trained before work a few times and just can't seem to find the motivation lol.
But just make sure you're eating good at work and you should be all set man.

I also work 12 shifts i find for me i have more energy training before work but i do have to get up around 3.00 am in the morning finish training then go to work at the end of the day i dont have to worry about trainning in a packed gym at 6.30 pm its like a zoo in there sounds like you get pretty tired after work so i would continue with before work training and see how you go with it

Good luck :yesway:

I feel ya, I work 12 hour shifts regularly. I manage to get myself in the gym after work with the help of a preworkout and everything has been going great for me, just takes some time learning when to eat and what not.
I've trained before work a few times and just can't seem to find the motivation lol.
But just make sure you're eating good at work and you should be all set man.
I don't get home from work until 8 or 9, if I take my Jack3d then go to the gym I wouldn't be able to sleep until 3 or 4 lol.

I also work 12 shifts i find for me i have more energy training before work but i do have to get up around 3.00 am in the morning finish training then go to work at the end of the day i dont have to worry about trainning in a packed gym at 6.30 pm its like a zoo in there sounds like you get pretty tired after work so i would continue with before work training and see how you go with it

Good luck :yesway:

Ya, once I get home from work and sit down on the couch of 10 minutes to eat something I'm pretty much toast, I swear I've been going to bed earlier on Friday nights then I do on a work night so I'm gonna stick with the morning things.

I've tried this method. I use to work evening shifts from 3-12oclock. I trained at 11:30-1:00. At first, I was exhausted and my body was always sore, but i was also squatting heavy 3x a week and DL 2x a week. It is challenging but your body will adapt to this type of stressor, the human body is made to adapt to the harshest conditions, you just have to push past the mental barrier and pain threshold and carry on.

I did this for about 3-4 months while de-loading every 6 or so weeks due to joint pain. Just make sure your caloric intake is above maintenance and you're listening to your body. Over training is a simple factor and needs to be avoided with proper nutrition and rest time.

Some training program that you could try would be: Hypertrophy splits, German volume training, 5x5, Bill Starr's 5x3, PHAT: Layne norton's program, Circuit training, HIIT, etc.

:)

Yes, I'm sure once I get use to it just like anything it will become second nature. I just hope I can see some progress with these methods.

Thanks.

I used to work construction night shifts. It was ball busting work so I lifted prior. Worked out great.

I would imagine it probably wouldn't be worth attempting to cycle when working and burning that many calories in a day would it?

Ill be honest, 3 years ago i started training while i was working 4 12 hour shifts a week, I was weak minded and i soon give up training, then i new nothing, but im back at it, Pre workouts are the way forward for me IMO

i was doing just regular hours mon-fri but i was doing a 4 day spit on mon, tues, thurs fri. But i was pretty tired after work so i changed my split to sat, sun, tues, wed. I got 2 extra fresh days so i can put in better workouts.

i was doing just regular hours mon-fri but i was doing a 4 day spit on mon, tues, thurs fri. But i was pretty tired after work so i changed my split to sat, sun, tues, wed. I got 2 extra fresh days so i can put in better workouts.

I'm tired after work regardless, but I actually find my energy to be quite a bit higher all day long when I work out in the morning.

Back