Training for your body type

Feli Fly

This was posted on another board by a guy who will be competing (and will likely win IMO) NPC Teen Nationals in a few weeks. I edited it slightly just for grammer to make it easier to read (I think he averages like 25 "...."s per post LOL). It's a good read on training. It is important to consider what your body type was when you began training and to realize that everyone cannot expect the same results by going with what works for someone else.

"There are 3 different types of body types......ectomorphic, endomorphic and mesomorphic......

-Ecto is the guy who is very skinny and takes all the time in the world putting on weight let alone muscle.....

-Endo-this is the chubby guy who cant seem to keep of the bf.....

-Meso-this is the guy who has the athletic look with out ever picking up a weight....

Put your self in one of these catogories. Now, each one has to work out different. Ecto has to spend no more than 40 minutes in the gym. They should usually do only Bench, squat, deadlifts, barbell curls and rows. They should do them in the same day (it varies on the goal) and they should usually spend only 3 to 4 days in the gym a week....

Endo shoud do the exact oppisite: more time in the gym with more reps and more exersice.......

Meso: The only problem here is getting these guys in the gym. They usualy take their body for granted and dont train, but if they do they are for sure to be a star. They can usually train how ever they want. Heavy, light, long, short... it usually does not matter. They will put on muscle either way......."

Meso -Endo........myself.Certain bodyparts like legs ,and delts for me respond to higher volume type training.Where as chest and back respond better to low volume training lower reps..
Good post!

Yeah, I'm a pure ecto... 6' low 170s, but gaining... my pics are in the pic forum.

Here's a pic of the bro who originally posted this info. This pic is him: 19yo 5'11"... a month or so before and then a few days after he won a show in the teen div and took second in mens (218lbs in right hand pic)... he claimed ecto-meso, but I think he's a bit more meso LOL... considering the fact I think either he or Kraig Feldman will win NPC Teen Nationals.

Last edited:
Ecto-meso but i train for my goals not my bodytype , i dont see the point of doing more reps to remain lean , what`s the point of beeing lean and small as a typical pure ecto .....RUBIASH !!!

A-rod said:
Ecto-meso but i train for my goals not my bodytype , i dont see the point of doing more reps to remain lean , what`s the point of beeing lean and small as a typical pure ecto .....RUBIASH !!!
I know what you mean bro, but the article implies that lots of reps and long workouts work best for endomorphs (prolly so they can burn more cals and get bf% reasonable).

It suggested ectos stick to shorter workouts and big compounds, get plenty of rest time, and don't overtrain... has worked pretty well for me...

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=173080#post173080

There actually was a time when I wanted to "doing more reps to remain lean," though... playing a lot of quickness and endurance sports... now goals have changed and my weights have increased by reps and set volume having been decreased.

Back