Tren Not Seperating?

urripped

Hi guys. Quick question. I've done a few tren conversions in the past with no problems. However, I mixed some up last night and let it sit for about 10 hours and the oil didnt seperate all. Looks like it did when I mixed the dissolved pellets and oil together.

I shook it up good and let it sit. Came home from work and it didnt seperate. Is it a lost cause at this point. Cant figure what I did wrong.

I dont know about everyone else, but I have no idea what you mean. Oil seperating from what? :confused:

When the sludge from the glue and binders sinks to the bottom of the bottle and clean oil stays on top.

Hmm thats odd. I see what you're saying. Id go with a coffee filter and see what comes out the other side, might be somewhat filterable.

DougoeFre5h said:
Hmm thats odd. I see what you're saying. Id go with a coffee filter and see what comes out the other side, might be somewhat filterable.

Thank you. I will do that. I put it in some hot water for a second or two to see if that would help, but it didn't.

So I will run it thru a coffee filter like you said. Again thanks for the help.

DougoeFre5h said:

Thanks for the help. Coffee filter did the trick. Took a long time, but it came out looking good. Still dont know why or how it got messed up. But looks fine now.

Thanks!

urripped said:
Thanks for the help. Coffee filter did the trick. Took a long time, but it came out looking good. Still dont know why or how it got messed up. But looks fine now.

Thanks!

did you use any heat to make it seperate or did you just mix the oil, solvents and pellets and let it sit?

Either way, at least it worked.

RJH8541 said:
did you use any heat to make it seperate or did you just mix the oil, solvents and pellets and let it sit?

Either way, at least it worked.

I didnt use heat to dissolve pellets. That part went fine. But I did use heat after I mixed the dissolved pellets into the oil because after letting it sit for almost 12 hours the sludge from the binders/glue did not sink to the bottom. It stayed mixed with no seperation.

Once I put a bit of heat to it it seperated a bit but not much. So I just poured the entire contents through a coffee filter (advise I got here) and it worked out just fine.

Hope that answers what you're looking for.

urripped said:
I didnt use heat to dissolve pellets. That part went fine. But I did use heat after I mixed the dissolved pellets into the oil because after letting it sit for almost 12 hours the sludge from the binders/glue did not sink to the bottom. It stayed mixed with no seperation.

Once I put a bit of heat to it it seperated a bit but not much. So I just poured the entire contents through a coffee filter (advise I got here) and it worked out just fine.

Hope that answers what you're looking for.

yeah, that answered it for me. My question would be why not just add heat from the beginning to help it seperate? Then draw off the gold and filter.

Again, doesn't matter, just making an observation. Good luck.

RJH8541 said:
yeah, that answered it for me. My question would be why not just add heat from the beginning to help it seperate? Then draw off the gold and filter.

Again, doesn't matter, just making an observation. Good luck.

I did a couple conversions prior to this batch and I didnt need heat for seperation. Just waited several hours and it was fine. But this last conversion didn't work out that way so heat helped.

I did a search and its hard to figure which way to go. Some say use heat others say dont. I'm just glad I could salvage it.

Peace.

urripped said:
Once I put a bit of heat to it it seperated a bit but not much.

what does this mean? it either seperates or it doesnt.

with heat it seperates in about 10 mintues, ready to filter. medium low on a hot plate.

pullinbig said:
what does this mean? it either seperates or it doesnt.

with heat it seperates in about 10 mintues, ready to filter. medium low on a hot plate.

It just didnt work out that way this time man. I know its very simple as I've done plenty of conversions, however this batch for some reason didnt go well. Thats all. Just sharing an experience I had. I asked for help, got it and it turned out fine. I may be the first to screw up a simple tren conversion perhaps.

The heat helped, but it still didnt give me full seperation for some odd reason. I have no other explaination. So I dumped it through a coffee filter. Just took longer.

But your advise to heat it did help and I appreciate it a ton.

Back