trouble areas

malibu350

okay....I've been trying off and on for a couple of years to obtain my ripped abs.....most of the time when I would start seeing them....I would then quit training for a while.....and then lose what I had......so for the past 3 months or so I've been working on losing excess BF...I haven't really lost any body weight...but I think I have lost fat.....because my pecs, arms, and shoulders are getting more cut and I'm starting to see more veins.....but my abs still arent showing...especially the lower portion....I do at least an hour and a half of cardio a week sometimes a little bit more...usually in the morning on an empty stomach...and some days I do cardio again after my afternoon workout....Iand I work my abs MWF..... think I have about 1-2 to lose on my waistline.......so is there a way to target fat loss???? or does your body just lose it where it wants to??? Oh and my diet is pretty clean....the only fats that I consume are the good ones....maybe 5gms of saturated fat a day...plenty of protein and the only sugar carbs that I get is from honey and powerade.....so is it maybe some of my diet that's holding me back...or just more time??? I also just started taking clen last monday....so I've been on it a week...about how long does it take to notice results from that....any help that is offered I do appreciate...

Diet diet diet diet, diet and more diet. Training is great to get the muscle, but with fat there it does you little good.

so what are we talking here....just calorie depletion.....or what? I mean I see so many different theories on what maintenance calories should be....and you should add so much for gaining...and if you want to gain X amount of weight....add Y amount of calories....:confused:

Theories dont mean a whole lot, because everyone is different. Plus when you get really close to maintenance it would take a VERY long time to tell if you are maintenance, above or below. It takes large caloric shifts to make obvious and fast changes, IMO.

Somewhere around 17-18 calories per pound for me maintenance wise, if natural shift in 500 calorie increments at the 'most' to avoid LBM loss. With water weight though goes mass, because muscles are about 70% water.

If on the juice I move calories in 1k increments, or if bulking then I may do more but I add fat easily. I am trying to diet down after years of fat gain so I am unfortunately losing some size with it, but since my strength is mostly still here I am trying to live with that as being ok. My waist is not moving very quickly, but I am seeing "cuts" in other places, thats life.

Back